Chapter Twenty-Three: Found

~Xavier~

I could sense their fear. They knew I was coming. They knew what they had done.

If they had just warned us, if they had said anything at all...

I wouldn't have to lose her. I wouldn't have to watch her die.

I wouldn't have had to kill them all.

I look around at the sight in front of me. Body after body torn apart. Blood covers my hands as I fall to my knees in anguish.

Their screams echo in my mind.

They deserved what they got.

I don't regret it. Not at all.

I stand to my feet and take a deep breath before wiping my hands on my clothes as I get dressed.

Red stans now cover my pants and shirt. Aurora will know.

That is my only regret.

Knowing my mate will see who I truly am, and see what I have done out of rage and anger.

The minute I arrived, my beast took over. I was what they had feared all this time. A monster.

Aurora can give birth at any moment. And at any moment, be taken away from me.

I want to be happy to be a father. But without Aurora, I am nothing at all. Let alone a father to our daughter.

She tries to tell me I'll be a great father, that I'll give our daughter a wonderful life. I want to believe her. I really fucking do.

Before leaving I look around the room one last time. After this, no one will ever dare cross me again. Our daughter will know nothing of fear. I might not know if I will be a great father, but this, protecting her from a world of traitors and danger, that I can do. Or I myself will die trying.

I scuff at the dismantled bodies my beast tore apart with its teeth, and leave, making my way back to my mate.

~Aurora~

I knew what he had done the minute he came home. Blood stains spattered across his body, clothes, and face. 

I just knew. He did not have to say a single word.

I watch as he makes his way over to me, kisses me on my forehead, and walks into the bathroom. I hear the shower turn on. I sit and wait. I wait for him to come out, to talk to me.

I know him. I know what he thinks of himself. I know he did what he thought he needed to do. The council had plenty of opportunity to warn us of this danger. To prevent this from happening. 

As hard as this truth is, I do not regret where it has led us. I will be a mom. Even if it is for a moment, I will get to be a mom. A mother.

I hear the shower turn off and watch as Xavier comes out of the bathroom and walks towards me in nothing but a towel. I want to feel him again. be with him again.

We have so little time left. I want to have every moment with him as much as possible.

As I sit on the bed, Xavier comes and wraps me in his arms before pulling away and looking into my eyes.

"I want to be with you Xavier." His eyes close as he brings his lips to mine. "I want to be with my mate. I want you to touch me, and show me you love me. I want to feel y-you inside me one last time. I need this. Y-you need this." As the words leave my mouth I watch as his face falls. He takes in a heavy breathe before leaning his forehead against mine and cupping my face in his hands.