Chapter Fifteen: Dread

~Aurora~

It is dead silent. No one at the table is saying a word. It would normally not bother me but Xavier's fathers stare is making me shift in my seat from being uncomfortable. When Xavier looks at me it puts me at ease. I can read him through his eyes. His father's eyes held something dark. Something that made my skin crawl. He reminds me of Tom, and I hate that. I just do not have the courage to tell Xavier. Not now at least.

When they first got here for dinner, his mom gave me a big hug. She seemed very happy to meet me. She said she is happy her son had found his mate and that she never thought the day would come. Before she began to interrogate me too much, Xavier intervened and here we are. Quietly eating spaghetti. I do not like spaghetti. I continue to push it around on my plate.

I hear Xavier lean up in his seat, placing his hands on the table. He was holding them together as if he were in a business meeting.

Before Xavier can get a word out, his mother speaks. Oh no.

"Aurora, I am so glad to get to meet you finally. Xavier has been hiding you away in this house. So please dear tell me about yourself." She says smiling.

"oh uh-I..." I do not know what to say. Well I do, but they were not coming out.

His father starts to chuckle deeply.

"You expect me to believe she is our Luna?" He says pointing at me and looking at Xavier. Who for the record is fuming. His emotions are flowing into my body. He is very mad.

I reach over and place my hand on his. I can feel him instantly begin to calm down.

"Watch it father." He shakes his head. "I invited you both to discuss an urgent matter." He takes in a deep breath. "A pack of rogues is working with a witch named Angelic. They have not only been threatening Aurora but have been killing our pack members. You have dealt with the witches before father. I want to ask for your advice, and help in ending this."

I am glad Xavier did not share many details. The last thing I need is for his father to tell me what I already know. That I am the reason this is all happening.

"Hear that Grace, He wants my help. It wasn't but a little while ago you were kicking me out of this very house and now you sit there asking me for help. Pathetic. I've known about the attacks. I've been talking with a nearby pack for a solution. Which, I found. That is why I agreed to come tonight."

This is not good.

"I knew coming to you was a mistake." Xavier begins to stand, shaking his head and balling his hands into fists.

"If you did as I suggested weeks ago, none of this would be happening. It's because of her isn't it? I told you nothing good would come of her being here. You will marry the daughter of our allied pack. They have agreed to fight the rogues and kill the witches in return as well as strengthening our family line." His father stands, sending glares toward me. "She is weak son, weak and useless to this pack."

I can feel the hurt and rage coming from Xavier and his wolf.

This is enough.

"Leave." I say.

Every ones eyes dart to me.

I continue.

"If you-" I take a deep breath. "-if you are not going to help, then l-leave. I wi-will not stand here while you hurt your s-son. No more. Leave." I stand and walk to the front door, opening it. At this point, I can feel my heartbeat quicken and my chest rise and fall as I try not to cower or panic from Xavier's father's eyes. He was furious.