Chapter Twenty-Five: Together

~Xavier~

I look around our room and see her everywhere.

Her smile, her laugh.

I see her sketching on the window seal.

I see her walking out of the bathroom in a towel.

I see our kisses, our love, and every touch.

I see the first time she asked me to sleep in the bed with her.

The first-the first time she said she loved me.

My eyes move to our daughter in my arms. I will raise her as Aurora would want her to be raised.

With unconditional love.

"Alpha" Chase says, knocking on the door.As he enters the room his eyes land on us. "She looks just like her Chase," I say, my eyes not moving from my little one. "One day, when she asks about her mom, what will you tell her?" Itake in a deep breath, trying to gather myself. "The truth. I'll tell her that her mom had a choice. I will tell her that her mother chose her over everything because that is how much love her mother had for her." Chase slowly nods, trying not to show his pain over the loss of Luna."I will leave you to have time with your daughter." He backs away and leaves out of the room.

As grateful as I am for my mate's sacrifice, for our daughter, the pain of her being gone will never leave. My daughter can feel her mother's absence as well. I know she can. But she isn't alone and she never will be. I think of all of the times I will feel the need to have Aurora's guidance, to have her passion, and her strength in raising our daughter, our Delilah.

Right now, we might be broken without Aurora. But we can be broken together.