Chapter Sixteen: No One

~Xavier~

The other night we had together runs through my mind over and over and over again.

She let me touch her. She trusts me. I could feel it. I could feel... a lot. And it was fucking amazing. She is mine, and one day, I'll show her just how much.
That night, I wanted to tell her I love her, but I was interrupted by the news of Tom. Since then, we have been able to get his exact location and come up with a strategy for how we will attack. It is going to happen tonight after the moon rises. Tonight is a full moon. We will be at our strongest. My beast will be at his strongest.

Chase told me that the only way they were able to track down Tom was from an anonymous tip to the counsel. 
I have my suspicions but I need more proof before I tell Aurora.

I was surprised at the time to find the counsel shared what they knew with us as we haven't spoken since before Auroa was marked. 

Nonetheless, we followed up on the tip and found it was true. He wasn't staying far away. He was a fucking town over-shielded by the witch's spells.
Tonight their powers will be weakened long enough for the shield to drop at midnight, long enough for us to get inside. Many think the moon is a witch's friend. It is not. The moon goddess blesses us shifters and only us. The sun brings the witches their light, even in the darkest of spells.

I look over to see Aurora eating dinner on the couch. She looks calm. I need that. I need to see she is okay otherwise I won't be able to leave her here tonight. I will have guards all around the house while we hunt for Tom. Leaving her alone was hard enough. With guards here, it would be less painful to be apart from her knowing she is safe.

"Hey beautiful," I say, walking and sitting next to her on the couch.

"Hi," She says looking up from her food. Turns out she loves peanut butter banana sandwiches.

"I need to talk to you about tonight." Her eyes go from mine, back to her sandwich as her eyebrows furrow slightly. "Aurora, please look at me." I know she is upset. None of this is easy for her. That's why I want to end it tonight.
Her eyes move back to mine and I caress her cheek with my hand
"I'm going after him tonight. You will never have to see him again or worry about him again. Aurora I promise you this." I say, trying to convince her to relinquish her fear of him.
She nods and leans into my touch.

As much as I want her to truly never fear him again, I know she will for a while. It will take time but I'll be there for her every step of the way. She told me the other day that as brave as she wants to be, and sometimes can be, she becomes cripples at times when he crosses her mind.

"I...I do n-not want you to get hurt X-Xavier." She says touches my arm.

"Hey, I'm not going anywhere. Now that I have you, nothing will keep me from being with you. Not fucking Tom, nothing. Do you understand baby?" I say, holding her face in my hands, making her look at me.
She smiles softly and nods. A tear rolls down her cheek and I wipe it away with my thumb. Bringing her face to mine and kissing her soft lips.
She backs away and I feel her take a deep breath.

"Thank you."

She says.

"For what baby?"

Her smile widens.

She doesn't answer but instead brings her lips back on mine.

"You have no idea the effect you have on me," I say against her lips.

I am taken by surprise and I hear her giggle. Goddess this is the only sound I ever want to hear again in my life.

"I think I do." Oh fuck that's it.