Chapter Eighteen: Daughter

~Aurora~

Before I even open my eyes, I can feel Xavier's warmth near me.

I am scared to look at him. I am scared of how I will feel when I do. He left me. He locked me away.

The events of what happened with Tom play in my mind.
When I was taken from the room I grabbed a pencil I used to sketch with and shoved it into my hood pocket. I wasn't sure if I would need it but it was all I had at the time. I just had to wait. I tried to fight them but I was not strong enough.
When Tom was focused on Xavier, I took my chance. My only chance.
Now, I really hope he is gone. I do not know what I will do if he is not.
If he is not, I know I was brave before. I can be brave again. Even if it hurts.
"X-Xavier" I say, trying to sit up and failing when a subtle sharp pain goes through my back.

My eyes meet his as he looks up at me.

"Aurora," he says with tears forming in his eyes. "I...I thought for a moment...I thought I lost you. You wouldn't wake up. I-I" He was crying now, almost uncontrollably. I have never seen him like this before. So broken, so scared.

"It's o-okay. I am okay." I say. I look around to see I am lying in our bed. Our bed. I try to sit up again when he stops me.

"No, don't move too much okay? That bastard threw you really hard. Your back took the impact. You have been out for a few days but it will need a little more time to heal." He takes my hand in his, kissing it as he continues to look at me.

"Is he..." I can not get the words out. I was too afraid of his answer.

"You killed him. Aurora, he is gone for good." He says, still holding onto my hand.

I nod, allowing my body to relax. It is over, it is over.

"W-wait, your father. I-I am so s-sorry Xavier-" He cuts me off and takes my face in his hands.

"My father was a fucking trader. He put you and our pack in danger. He got what he deserved."

"Is your m-mom-" I ask, scared of the answer.

"She is safe. She is very eager to see you. She feels horrible about what my father did. She had no idea.-" He stops and looks down at his lap shaking his head. "the feeling of the mate bond breaking almost killed her, but she's okay."

I nod my head and think about what I would do if I did not have Xavier. The thought alone it so painful.

"Aurora I-I am so sorry I left you. I never wanted you to get hurt. I am so so sorry." He says putting his head down on the bed.

I shake my head not wanting to remember it.

"Y-you locked me away. You-"

"I know, I know what I did baby. I thought I was protecting you. You mean everything to me. Without you, there is no me. I will always choose you. Over the pack, over the fucking world I will choose you." He says, pleading with his eyes for me to forgive him.

Tom is gone, and all I want is to be with my mate. To love my mate. He just wanted to keep me safe. Just as I wanted to keep him safe. There are probably going to be many battles ahead, but this is one I am willing to let go.

"I-I love you," I say. "I do not t-think-" I stop and take a deep breath as a tear runs down my cheek. "-I can not live without you either Xavier. You are my world now." I manage to say without stuttering. Thanks to Sarah, one day, I will be able to do that more often.

"I love you too, so so fucking much Rory."

I want to be with him completely. In every way. 

"Xavier," I say, causing him to meet my gaze. "I want you."