13|Fiji

Emilia's POV

Emilia's POV

Point #1 on why Santo Valentino is the subject of my thesis:

He is unpredictable.

When you think you're starting to know him and think maybe he is starting to tolerate you, he does a 180.

I put on my sunglasses and headphones as we stepped out of his private plane.

We hadn't said a word to each other our whole flight and I was beginning to think this trend would continue for the whole honeymoon.

The sun shined brightly as its heat radiated on my skin.

He stood up to talk to some men but I blocked them all out as I played my music through my headphones.

As I watched him talk, I began to study him. I had tried my best not to look at him for the whole day since we ended things a bit harshly last night.

We were still both very angry at each other.

He simply wore his black dress shirt and pants paired with his sunglasses to block out the sun.

To accessorize, he wore a black beaded bracelet with a gold chain, in which his name was embedded, tucked into his shirt.

His dark, silky hair was combed as usual and his face was well moistured.

I suddenly felt a tap on my shoulder and he was looking at me.

I immediately took off my headphones and looked at him confused.

"Get in," he said as he indicated to the black Bentley which was now parked in front of us on the runway.

"Oh," I awkwardly said before getting in the backseat. I could see him roll his eyes before closing the door for me and entering on the opposite side.

When the driver took off, I put back on my headphones and looked outside the window.

Fiji was beautiful.

As we drove, I saw many tropical trees such as coconut trees, palm trees and papaya trees.

I pulled out my phone took and took a picture of the birds which flew by.

I hadn't been here for more than thirty minutes yet I already loved it.

I've traveled to many places before with my parents, however, I wouldn't call them vacations.

I wasn't allowed to adventure anywhere else other than where we were staying and if I did I would have to be accompanied by five bodyguards.

My father was very protective of me. I know he meant well but it felt like torture sometimes.

Being home would've been better than being kept in a hotel room.

Maybe this time I could finally get to adventure freely for the first time.