22|Comfort Meal

Emilia's POV

Emilia's POV

"His business is going to shit and he's golfing?" Dante asked himself out loud as he, Jaz and I watched Santo calmly hit the golf ball into the hole.

I turned to him. "May I ask what happened?"

He held his head. "It is my fault for not being able to realize what was going on."

I looked at him even more confused.

"His father wanted him away so he could make a deal with someone Santo doesn't want to partner with. Now that guy took a whole container of guns without paying. That was five percent of our profits for the month."

"Oh," I said as I started to understand why Santo was so pissed.

I started to remember that woman from last night before scratching my head.

"Who is Lucia?" I asked pretending like I didn't care.

You know what? I wasn't pretending. I really didn't care.

Why would I? I have no reason to.

Dante and Jaz immediately looked at each other.

"Lucia?" Dante asked as he turned to me. "You saw her?"

"Yes and just to clarify I don't really care. I just decided to ask since you are in the mood to answer questions."

Jaz crossed her arms. "That's bitch uses every opportunity to come back."

He laughed. "She is Santo's auditor."

"Just his auditor?" I asked as I looked around.

Jaz stuck her head out to look at me. "Emilia, you're not the jealous type in relationships, right?"

I began to laugh. "Of course not."

I haven't been in a relationship but if I were to, I know I certainly would not be jealous.

"Good," she said. "They sleep together now and then; whenever she comes to check his books. She lives in Paris. Well, I should've said 'slept' since he's in love with you now."

"Right," I said as I began to play with my fingernails.

I should've known. I mean, she was exactly his type and was older.

Dante tapped my shoulder and I turned to him.

"Relax, nothing is going to happen between the two of them," he whispered to me and that's when I realized he knew that Santo and I weren't actually together.

He put his finger on his lips indicating to me not to say anything.

He turned to Jaz. "Come on honey, let's go."

"What?" she asked confused. "I thought you were going to talk to Santo first."

He shook his head. "He is dangerously calm and I don't want to be here when he blows up. Emilia, you better get into hiding before you become a part of his debris field."