28|Emilia's Day

Emilia's POV

Emilia's POV

Point #3 on why Santo Valentino is the subject of my thesis:

He has a personality that can deceive someone without even trying.

He deceived me by making me think there might have been a possibility with us. I recklessly thought we could be friends but ended up liking him instead.

I smiled in satisfaction as I watched myself in the mirror.

My outfit was perfect. It was a black dress paired with high heels.

Today was Emilia's day.

I needed my mind off him and shopping was the best way to do so.

I sprayed perfume all over myself before opening the door to step out of the bedroom.

As I did so, he was coming out of his room too.

So much for trying to get him off my mind.

He briefly glanced at me before doing a doubletake and studying me from head to toe.

Things got pretty heated with us last night so the awkwardness between us was off the charts.

He cleared his throat. "I hired you a chef. She is downstairs ready to make whatever you want."

I felt somewhat disappointed.

A part of me wished Santo would always cook for me but maybe it's best if he keeps his distance.

Plus, it might be weird for him to be making food for me when we can't even have a decent conversation without arguing.

"Going somewhere?" he asked and I knew he didn't give a shit where I went.

"Yeah," I drily said before closing the door behind me.

"Great," he said as he also closed his door.

We stood in silence awkwardly before I turned around to leave.

"Emilia, wait!" he stopped me and turned to look at him.

"Where are you going?" he asked me.

I folded my arms. "Why do you care?"

"I don't," he answered as he put his hands in his pocket.

"Then why are you asking?" I asked and my question seemed to piss him off.

"You know what I hate about you most?" he asked as he walked up to me.

"What is that?" I asked back as I shifted in discomfort.

"You always try so hard to be a bitch," he said coldly and I felt like I took a punch to the gut. "Take a guard with you or else you're not going anywhere."

I closed the space between us before tiptoeing to his ear. "You think I'm trying to be a bitch now, Santo? I can't wait for you to see when I actually try to."