27|Playing Games

Emilia's POV

Emilia's POV

I sat on the poolside with my feet submerged in the water.

This was my first time trying out our pool. I really enjoyed the pool from the honeymoon so I decided to give this one a try.

I checked the time on my phone for the tenth time in the past two minutes.

Time was moving slowly.

I had nothing in particular to do. I was just bored and wanted the day to be over.

My last class for the day had finished over two hours ago and I had finished reading the article Professor Kate assigned.

Santo was gone all day. He made me breakfast this morning and left without saying a word to me.

He was really confusing.

I don't think neither of us understood the concept of marriage.

To make it even worse, this was an arranged marriage so it made things even more complicated.

I missed being back home, I missed my mother and father, I missed my old room, and I missed the simplicity of life before marrying Santo.

I picked up my phone and called my mother's phone.

"Emilia?" she answered the phone as I heard crying in the background.

"If you're busy I can call you back," I told her.

"I am never too busy to talk to my baby," she said.

"Is that Uncle Haze's baby I'm hearing in the background?" I asked and she smiled.

"Yes," she said. "Meet your cousin, Hazel."

When she showed me the baby, my heart melted. She looked just like Eve.

"Haze has a match and Eve went to do a photography gig. I told her to stay home and rest but she is always on the go," she complained.

I laughed. "That's Eve. She won't let anything stop her from doing what she's passionate about."

She laughed. "How are you?"

I stayed quiet as I thought.

I missed home so badly but papá said that I needed to be more independent. I also think I'm catching feelings that shouldn't have for Santo.

"I'm good," I lied.

"That's great Emmy," she said out of relief. "How's Santo?"

"Well, Santo is Santo," I said and she understood exactly what I meant.

"Emmy, I know that he seems like a lot of work but be patient with him," she told me.

"I'm trying," I said.

"Emmy, I know you've never been in a relationship before so I want you to be careful, okay?" she said. "It must be hard for you to go from being single your whole life to being married and living with a man you don't know."