20|We Were Drunk

Emilia's POV

Emilia's POV

After changing into my pajamas, I walked out into the living room where he was sitting on the floor.

He turned to me as he held up his beer. "I started before you."

I frowned as I sat next to me.

"Don't worry, you're a lightweight anyway. You'll pass out before I do."

I opened my beer. "You're wrong. I am far from a lightweight."

"I guess we'll see about that," he said, not even trying to give me the benefit of the doubt.

I connected my bottle with his. "I guess we will."

He put the bottle to his head and began drinking.

"I didn't realize you were such a drinker," I said as I took my sip.

"I'm not," he answered. "I don't drink back home. It throws me off my game and I don't concentrate as well. Now that I'm on a vacation I can let loose a little, you know?"

I nodded.

"What about you?" he asked. "This doesn't look like your first time drinking."

"It's not," I replied. "However, I can't say I've done it a lot of times. I've only done it with my parents or best friend, Isabella."

"Ah, she does have friends," he teased me.

"Like one," I answered. "You've met her before. She was my maid of honor."

"Nope," he said as he opened his second bottle. "Doesn't ring a bell."

I rolled my eyes. "I'm surprised you managed to make friends with that attitude and temper of yours."

He laughed. "Dante and Tommaso are my childhood friends. Our fathers are close."

We went through a few more bottles before I started feeling light.

We were currently asking questions about each other. I think we were both learning a lot.

"Are you enjoying our honeymoon?" I asked him and he thought for a second before nodding.

"I have to admit, my shitty father actually thought of something good for once," he said with a hint of bitterness in his tone.

"Why are you so mad at your parents?" I decided to ask. "They seemed so nice at the dinner."

"You met them once," he said in a slurred tone. "You don't know shit, Emilia."

"Maybe I can help you if you let me in?" I suggested.

He shook his head and groaned. "Enough about my parents. Let's get back to the questions."

I nodded. I didn't want to push him too much.