ʜᴇ ᴋɴᴏᴡꜱ | P.J

𝐀𝐁𝐎𝐔𝐓: Luke figures out about Percy's fat crush on y/n, but knowing Percy he took it into his own hands...
˚. ✦.˳·˖✶ ⋆.✧̣̇˚.

lowercase intended.

⊹˚₊‧───────────────‧₊˚⊹

Percy's POV:

She's so gorgeous. I would do anything for her. I'll protect her from afar. She's actually so pretty AND the sweetest personality. I've only been here for two weeks but holy.

"Hey percy," a voice said but i was not paying attention.

"percy.."

"percy!"

I finally got out of my thoughts, "huh."

"I've been calling you for ten minutes at most," luke said sitting in front of me at the table. "my bad, i've been in my head lately," i told him. "yeah i've noticed... looking at a certain person there, percy," he questioned looking at me knowing that i was. I shook my head," definitely not," i denied.

"yeah okay well.. Grover wanted to know if you wanted to go to the woods where the logs are.. you know the bonfire," he asked. "Yeah i do, i go visit there a lot," I said. "Good, so grover what's you there for a little adventure," he shrugged. "Grover? adventure? that doesn't sound right," i looked at him weird. "not exactly an adventure but he wants some opinions about something," he tried saving himself. "why couldn't he come to me right now," i questioned. "percy!! just go there tonight at 7," he said frustrated. I raised my hands in defense, "okay okay i will," i sighed. "thank you," he breathe out peacefully.

———

Luke's POV:

I know he likes Y/n. It's so damn obvious. So as his good friend i decided to help him out. He needs a break, and they're cute together i guess. Young love is overrated but if it does the job, then i can't get in the way of that. Y/n is also one of my closest friends and she never mentioned about liking anyone or having an interest, so hopefully this plays out how i want it. If percy gets rejected i'll take the blame.

———

Your POV:

I was shooting some arrows just for fun. I've been lacking survival skills for some reason. My mind has been occupied with so many thoughts, but it's funny cause i don't have any idea why my mind has been running. It's like this heavy feeling of nothing.

"Hey y/n," i hear my name get called. I turn behind me as I shot the arrow to the target.

"Oh hey luke," i smiled at him. "Can you do me a favor," he asked me nervously. but it seemed fake. I'm really good at reading people.

"Which is," i questioned, putting my bow and arrows on the log. "Annabeth wants me to retrieve a box of some sort in the woods area, the bonfire," he began. I squinted my eye and looked at him really confused. "So you want me to get it for you," i asked. "yes! exactly! i need my beauty sleep cause no one else is taking care of my good looks," he joked. "i don't know, i was supposed to-"

"please! you're my best friend and this will do a lot of things.. or do one bad thing," he mumbled the last part. "hm??"

"nothing! but thank you so much, you're so caring," he said. "yeah whatever, princess," i laughed. He rolled his eyes, "7 tonight."

He walked away.

———

It was around 6:55 now and I was putting on my sneakers before heading out.

I snuck my way out to the bonfire. The fire was seen blazing from my view. I see a figure and assumed it was annabeth. I made my way there and walked through the trees carefully.

"Annabeth," I called out quietly.

"Well, that doesn't sound like grover," i hear a voice of a boy.

"And you're not annabeth," the figure began to be clear. Percy Jackson.

"Luke told me Grover needed me?"

"Luke told me Annabeth wanted to deliver something for him."

"Oh," he simply said. we hear a thud and we looked to my left, which is his right. There was a picnic with some food laid across the blanket. It wasn't there before.

Percy and I looked at each other then slowly made our way to the set up picnic with caution. Percy got out his disguised sword just in case.

We got there and nothing happened. "Do you think it's safe to eat," he asked. "are you crazy?! that's definitely poisoned or something," i shouted quietly. Still not wanting to get caught.

"What? I'm hungry," he complained. "Go for it, but if you're dead i was never here," i told him. He shrugged and sat down and popped a grape into his mouth. "This is so good," he awed. I sat down in front of him. I grabbed a grape and tried it and wow it was good.

"Do you think Luke was trying to set us up," i asked him when he took a sip of of water. He almost choked on it but coughed back to normal. "I mean.. maybe. It's Luke, we don't know what goes on his mind," he said. I nodded and we continued to eat the food in the basket. There was sandwiches, fruits, snacks, and all sort of goodies. We talked and laughed. It definitely gave me some relief and peace. It was heavily needed. "You know.. i never said this but i think you're really pretty," he said out of the blue. It was my turn to choke on water. I coughed, "you don't have to feel forced because of this set up."

"Well, it's the truth. I think he found out I liked you and probably hoped i confessed or something," he said. Oh I see. I never gave any signs that i may like percy or not. I found him cute for sure, but like him? I never had that thought run across my mind. Did I like him? Was that the heavy feeling i felt? I mean.. everytime I thought about him or looked or talked to him I felt at peace. I didn't think much of it but i never thought about liking him.

"I.. I think i like you," I said unsure. "You don't have to say it cause i said it. I just had to let it go," he chuckled but it sounded like pain.

I sighed. "No, i think i do like you, but maybe let's see how we do in a few days and see where it goes. I think im confused, so to be sure we can try something out," i smiled. "Are you sure," he asked. "I'm positive," I said. We continued our night talking and it ended with a kiss on a cheek that i gave him. He didn't expect that, from how red he was.

———

"Thanks a lot, Luke," I chuckled. "What? did it work," he said with hope. "We're trying something out cause i'm not 100% sure," i told him. "well that counts for something," he said proudly for his doing.

"Watch your back, Castellan," i threatened him as a joke.

⊹˚₊‧───────────────‧₊˚⊹