ꜱᴜᴍᴍᴇʀᴛɪᴍᴇ ꜱᴀᴅɴᴇꜱꜱ | P.J

𝐀𝐁𝐎𝐔𝐓: Y/n has a huge crush on percy and everyone knows it, she finds out he likes her best friend unless...
˚. ✦.˳·˖✶ ⋆.✧̣̇˚.

lowercase intended.

⊹˚₊‧───────────────‧₊˚⊹

Ever since Percy and I came to camp everything was so different. Going on quests. Actually doing things. Crazy.

I started developing feelings for him and it was painfully obvious. Everyone knew, but him.

That's what i thought.

I recently was out on a quest and i came back during the summer.

After some time settling back in... one of my friends came in and told me that percy liked Annabeth. My best friend. It hurt. Not even hurt. It stung me and i just wanted to crawl up in a hole and just stay there. I hate feelings. I wish i never had them for him. It's so embarrassing.

All this time of liking him was for nothing.

FLASHBACK—

"Hey, y/n!"

I looked over to my friend and hummed as a response.

"Okay, you and i both know that you like percy," she began. I looked at her confused cause yeah i do.

"I overheard him saying that he liked Annabeth. And i wanted to tell you cause i felt like that you had the right to know," she said holding both of my hands, in a way to comfort me.

As those words came out, my heart sunk.

Percy likes Annabeth.

I looked down to the ground trying to think. I don't want to be dramatic. I don't want to cry over a boy.

FLASHBACK ENDS—

I'm sitting by the campfire under the night starry sky. Curled up and resting my chin on my arms that were on my knees. Bound to give me bad posture, but who cares.

Tears threatened to fall as ai think more of Percy and annabeth. It was just so upsetting thinking that i would have to see them together. like together.

It was just a silly little crush, all i have to do is avoid it and get rid of it as fast as i can.

Easier said than done.

———

After some time, i hear footsteps get closer to me. "Y/n?"

I didn't say anything. Too sad to answer and the fact that i recognized that voice way too quickly was embarrassing.

He sat down beside me but kept a distance making sure not to touch me. He could tell that i was upset about something from the way my cheeks glistened from tears.

He sighed and looked back at the sky. Both of us sat there in silence.

For a while, nothing was heard but the crackling of the campfire and crickets chirping in the distance. Then, he finally spoke. "Are you okay?"

"Yeah...," I whispered softly.

He glanced back at me. The firelight illuminated my face, revealing my eyes which were still damp. "Are you sure," He asked as my answer wasn't enough to convince him.

"Yup.." I kept my answers short and simple. Dry, but i didn't have energy.

He took a deep sigh because he could see that I was not okay. He turned his head straight ahead and was about to ask another question but kept it to himself.