realizations

Australian GP

Charles Leclerc

Just when I thought I had escaped Eliot, he comes back to haunt me.

That's not to say he wasn't haunting me internally, because he was. But I trust Lando, who said that he was a threat and that he was out for me. I don't know what specifically he wants, but I wouldn't be shocked if it included hurting my career.

I have to be really fucking careful.

Carlos and Lando have promised to help me in any way they can. They've been on top of his social media just to get his location. To my relief, he's in the United States so I don't have to worry about any direct threats from him likely for this whole race weekend. I told Pierre everything as well, so that's three other drivers who are behind me.

We've alerted the FIA and F1 to watch out for Eliot. We've sent them pictures, any identification details I can find on my phone, and tell them any information we know.

For now, I just need to focus on the racing. It's only the third race weekend of the season and I already have way too many things going on at once. A DNF to start the year, some bullshit drama with Max, and now being stalked by my ex-boyfriend.

It's too much, goddamnit. I just want to win races and be happy. Is that asking a lot?

Max Verstappen

My mental state has only declined further. My arms are covered with cuts. Self-inflicted cuts. I need help, but if I get professional help then I don't know what that means for my racing career. I love Daniel too but this is not the type of thing that I can talk to him about. And, if I was to tell my team, there's the same issue of what it means for my career. I don't want the media getting into my business, and that includes the interactions between me and my father.

There's an email that's just been sent out by the FIA to all F1 personnel. It's about some person who is apparently posing a threat to someone in the F1 community. The guy's name is Eliot. I definitely know of him from somewhere, but I can't put a name on the reason he is so familiar.

Then it hits me.

This is the guy Charles Leclerc used to date.

But why is he a threat? He and Charles stopped talking months ago, near the end of last season, and last I heard Charles had blocked him everywhere. Maybe this is why Charles has been a hot mess recently, both in and out of the car. That would explain it.

I also owe Charles an apology for what I said about his DNF. Despite what the fans think of me, I'm not a bad guy, and I'm not the asshole everyone (Netflix) portrays me as. It's only Wednesday and I want to do this in person, so I assume Charles will be free to speak with me. I'll also ask him about this Eliot dude because I actually want to help him if I can. Being stalked can't be good, and although I love nothing more than finishing ahead of him on track, I would never wish ill upon him.

I message Charles, since I would rather just get this over with and not let it sit on my head.

Max:
Are you free to talk?

Charles:
We're in the same hotel. Room 243.

I throw on a Redbull hoodie and go to meet my rival, hoping to leave the room on better terms with him than when I walk in.

He lets me into his room and I take a seat in the desk chair. He sits on his bed.

"So what is it you wanted to talk to me about?" He says coldly. I understand the reason for his tone, I've been a total asshole to him for no good reason.

"A few things. First of all, I want to apologize for what I said in that press interview. The DNF clearly wasn't your fault and I took out my emotions on you, which you didn't deserve."