proven

i fucked up, the carlando chapter is the NEXT one (singapore), i forgot about monza

completely my bad :( but it's coming i promise!!

anyways new chapter!

Italian GP

Charles Leclerc

So if Max thought last week was hell for him, this week is my turn.

The team can't outwardly hate me here in Monza, but the fans can.

It's been interesting. I've gotten so much support, but then also a lot of hate. It's clear though, that many people who were once Ferrari fans are now there for Carlos, not me.

I just want to prove them wrong this weekend, that I'm still going to perform as best I can, no matter who I'm in a relationship with. I know I need to prove to the world that I can separate my personal and professional lives, and I know Max needs to do the same.

Although, he already kinda did last weekend. Even though barely anyone knows about the Jos drama, they won't even suspect anything was wrong last weekend since his performance was as dominant as it's ever been.

It's my turn.

I also don't think I've let Max out of my sight for more time than I absolutely need to.

He's telling me that he's doing a lot better mentally since the Jos incident, but one thing I have discovered about myself is I am an incredibly protective boyfriend when my subconscious knows that my partner is actually worth caring for.

I mean, everyone knows about us anyways, so why not? It's not like we've got anything to hide.

I can't help but burst out laughing when I open the bathroom door to find Max stuffing his face with chips when we literally ordered dinner that will be here in 10 minutes. I can't judge though, I've definitely done the same.

It's domestic moments like these where we feel like normal guys, not having to deal with the media and the outside world.

Max just looks so... peaceful. It's a really nice change for once.

"Mon amour, I think it's best we keep some distance at the paddock this weekend," I say even though I don't want to.

"But why?" He frowns.

"It's nothing to do with you. It's just that we're in Monza and I know you know how insane the Italian support can be. And I don't want you to get any extra hate either just because it's a home race for Ferrari."

"People hate me enough anyways, I've got nothing to lose." We both crack a smile but I'm still not convinced.

"No but you don't understand, it's REALLY intense. Trust me, mornings and evenings are for us but during the day we need to keep it a bit more professional than normal." Max isn't the type of person to take things like this personally, but he doesn't seem too pleased by this idea.

"I trust you, but I really wanted to-"

"Max." I say laughing. "You will see this weekend and then you will be glad that you listened." I lean over to press a soft kiss to his lips. He's just so kissable, I can't resist it.

All of a sudden, his phone starts ringing, and the name Jos pops up. We both glare at each other but I think Max really wants to answer it.

I can't hear what's being said on the other end of the line, but what's interesting is that Max is speaking in English, when the two of them usually only speak in Dutch.

"Yeah, I'll talk with Christian," Max says.

He looks over at me and rolls his eyes, so clearly it's not anything awful.