revelation

Monaco GP

warning for smut!

Charles Leclerc

That one text has been consuming my entire mind the last few days. The text and Max, and both are tough situations right now.

If Eliot is referencing Max, I might actually kill myself.

There is NO WAY he could possibly know. I mean, how would he? But this is the second ominous text where the first person who pops into mind is Max.

If he finds out that we have anything going on between us, we're both fucked. He wouldn't have to touch me to end my career, and he could take Max down with me. I would never forgive myself if I let my own shit destroy Max because he deserves the world.

It's qualifying day. I've never really done well at my home race so a good result would be amazing this weekend. I'm nervous because there's always a lot of pressure at my home race especially since Monaco is such a prestigious race.

But the race isn't what I'm nervous about. It's everything else. Eliot and his creepy as fuck texts, Max staying with his dad this weekend, and whatever the hell is going on between Max and I. The racing is the least of my worries right now.

Eliot's not here. Carlos told me he's come back to Europe but is in Germany. Why Germany? Don't ask me. It's not close enough that I feel threatened, though. I honestly think it's funny that he's posting his locations on his Instagram. Not sure what he's trying to do there, but there's comfort in knowing he's not near me. 

Self control. That's what I need right now.

I need to not punch Jos Verstappen if I see him at the paddock, I need to not do something impulsive and tell the whole world about Eliot (even though I just want to shut that fucker up but am too scared that he has power), and most importantly I need to not kiss Max in front of anyone. That last one is probably the going to be the hardest, if I'm being honest.

I go to the paddock quite early, sometimes when I'm feeling out of sorts I do this because being surrounded by my team often helps. There are very few people here right now so I head to the garage and spend a little time with the members of the pitstop crew that have already arrived. They don't get enough credit for what they do. Even though our pitstops aren't always the fastest, they generally do a good job and certainly don't get the recognition they should. We talk about everything from racing to post-race plans to favorite places to eat in Monaco. Everyone seems to be in a pretty good mood, it's a great start to the day.

That's until I see Max cross the pit lane looking angry as fuck. I don't know what happened and I'm not sure I want to know. Either way, I decide it's worth sending him a quick text.

Charles:
Hey, hope all is ok. You didn't look too thrilled just now.

He'll see it when he sees it, I know not to stress about that anymore.

~

We're about to get in the car for Q1 and I didn't hear anything from Max. Slightly concerning, but I try not to give it too much thought. Carlos and I are both ready to go, so hopefully we can get a good result for the team since overtaking is so hard in Monaco, so qualifying is very important.

Q1 and Q2 are smooth sailing for Carlos and I. Max also gets into Q3 easily. It's something I wish I could do, that whenever Max gets into the car it's like the rest of his problems fade away and it's just him and the track. It's amazing to watch but sucks to compete against.

~

P3. But then moved to P6 for impeding Lando... I originally thought the penalty was slightly unfair but then understood where the stewards were coming from after I watched the footage.
Carlos P4, so overall a decent result for the team.