relief

Summer Break

like i said, i know i owe you guys smut, so here it is :)

if it isn't your thing though it won't really make any difference to the story so stop reading after this symbol: ~

enjoy :D

Third Person:

Instagram post by @F1, @redbullracing and @scuderiaferrari:
"We would like to address the video that has been posted of an intimate moment shared between Max Verstappen and Charles Leclerc.
We ask that in this time, the involved drivers be given utmost privacy and respect. This is a matter that is being dealt with by F1, Oracle Red Bull Racing, Scuderia Ferrari, Max, and Charles.
We do not condone the release of any media showing physical intimacy without consent from the involved subjects, which in this case there was not. The source of the video is known and is being appropriately handled.
We appreciate your patience and consideration in this time and once again ask that Max and Charles be given the confidentiality they reserve the right to have."

*comments are shut off*

Charles uploads the statement that Ferrari had sent for him to post with Max, then on the second slide adds a photo of Max and Charles sharing a brief kiss, taken by a mutual friend. It's a nice photo, the Monaco cityscape in the background.

Instagram post by @charles_leclerc and @maxverstappen1:
"In light of the video that you have surely seen by now, we feel that it is our turn to speak up regarding what you saw.
We are not denying anything. The video was not fake, and we are proud to announce that we are in a relationship.
We are in discussions with our teams as to what this means concerning our Formula 1 careers.
At this moment, we request closure and patience. We appreciate your support and will share more in due time."
*comments are shut off*

"Everyone knows," Max whispers.

"Everyone fucking knows," Charles says back, laughing at how ridiculous the whole situation has become.

"Christian asked to speak to me tomorrow over the phone. He's not mad at all. How has Ferrari taken it?"

"Not great, as expected. Especially because you're... you. But fuck Ferrari, if they don't want to be supportive of me then I don't need to be supportive of them anymore."

"You'd leave??!" Max asks, flabbergasted. "But you're their golden boy! Il Predestinato, you know, whatever they say about you these days."

"Not anymore, love. The rest of this season is going to be hell, I already know it."

"What's the worst they can do? Christian told me that a team legally isn't allowed to stop you from racing because of your sexuality, I asked."

"Yeah but they can make up some other excuse. Either way, I don't care. I'm breaking contract at the end of this year."

"My dad is fucking pissed though," Max says with a slight waver in his voice. "He wants me to come home before the next race, even though it's in the Netherlands. I'm scared out of my mind."

"It'll be okay. Whatever happens, I'm staying by your side."

~

The summer days pass surrounded by friends and Charles' family in Monaco. Christian calls Max, they sort through PR bullshit and plan on a debrief between the two of them, Charles, and Fred before the race weekend begins just to settle some logistics as to how they're going to handle the press and the fans.

Ferrari turns a cold shoulder towards Charles, cutting off any unnecessary contact. Other than the formal statement in collaboration with Red Bull and F1, on social media they have been radio silent on Charles and his newfound relationship.