retaliate

probably the most anticipated chapter of this fic ;) tried to pull through on this one as fast as i could!!

------------------------------------

Brazilian GP

Charles Leclerc

I suppose it would make sense that the investigation not end with Jos since there were artificial intelligence generated phone calls. And honestly, I believe Max when he says Jos wouldn't know how to do that even if he tried. So now they're digging deeper into who did it for him and of course he won't say a word about it.

Max's agent from his legal team wasn't really able to tell us anything except for the fact that the evidence went further than Jos Verstappen and that was mostly concluded based on common sense. And now they're working overtime to figure out what the hell actually happened because this has gotten so confusing, the prime suspect seems to be nothing more than just... a mole. A scapegoat, someone who would be easy to blame.

Either way, I'm concerned but not worried, if that makes sense. It's on my mind, but it's not causing me active stress since I'm allowed to drive, I've got my boyfriend right by my side and honestly I've been through enough shit this year. It would take a lot to rattle me after everything I've dealt with.

3 more races. 3 more races and then you get to spend an entire offseason in Max's arms. Those are the thoughts keeping me going right now, and frankly the car is looking better than ever since the start of the year so I'm excited to see what I can do on track.

There's an important phone call that needs to be made between Max and Jos and I know the only reason it hasn't happened yet is that Max is so pissed off, even though the investigation might not end at Jos it certainly starts with him and that is simply unforgivable. But Max wants to handle this maturely and would rather make sure Jos sees him calm and collected when he shuts him out of his life, and I completely agree with that decision.

My father might not be here to see this story play out but I just know he would have supported me through it all, never seeing me in a different light because of the person who I fell in love with. And I also know he would have taken Max under his wing like his own son, he would have shown Max what it is like to really have a father instead of... whatever Jos is.

I hope that he's been watching down on us from heaven this whole time, I hope we've made him proud by the way we've handled this year. We've been reacting to everything that's been thrown at us rather than acting based on what we want to do. We would have loved to kiss on the podium the same way Carlos and Lando did to announce their relationship. We would have loved to do it the right way, rather than it turning into a scandal and a psycho trying to kill me. Max would have come out a long time ago if it hadn't been for Jos, I just know he would have. 

Speaking of Carlos and Lando, they're happy. They're finally stable, Carlos being introduced to the magical concept of communicating. The Eliot drama has finally found its way into the archives of his mind, no longer consuming his thoughts and ruining his ability to just be content in himself. And they're completely in love, I would be annoyed at the way they're so consumed in each other if I was single but... I know how it is to just look at that special someone and not be able to tear my eyes away from him.

The clouds have started to roll in here in Brazil, and I'm honestly not looking forward to qualifying in this. Ever since Jules died, I've never been able to enjoy a wet race. Images of his destroyed car, his lifeless body flood through my mind as I'm trying to navigate high speed corners. The way he was just gone. We were more than just friends, he was my godfather and more of an older brother to me than even Lorenzo, my actual older brother.