trust

warning for smut!

Miami GP

Charles Leclerc

As the plane lands in Miami, it feels like there's a weight in my stomach.

The United States is massive and we don't know where Eliot is, but my gut tells me he's here. I just know that this week is going to be hell. I've decided to not post on my social media and stay as far out of the public eye as possible until I leave. I hate to admit it but I'm terrified of Eliot now that I know he is out for me.

The only thing bringing me any sort of comfort right now is the memory of that kiss. It was arguably one of the best moments of my life. I mean Max is a good kisser, like REALLY good. But what made it absolutely perfect was the emotion that we conveyed through it. I'm already falling for Max, and that kiss proved that we really are each other's match.

I thought he was straight. But then he held onto me and kissed me like it was the most natural thing in the world, and he liked it. I don't know if he'll admit to it yet, but he definitely liked it. He kissed me, not the other way around. He initiated it. Yes, he ran to his room afterwards but we had texted later that day so it was ok. All I know is I want it to happen again.

My phone lights up and what I see on it fills me with dread.

Carlos:
Your ex just posted on his story that he's here in Miami. I know the hotel he is at, it's not where they have us.
You need to request F1 for ride escorts and everything throughout the whole weekend. It's for your safety.
Please, even if you win the race, don't go to parties or dinners or anything like that. We don't know what he wants so you need to be safe.

Charles:
Yes yes, I'll ask for escorts. I agree with you, thanks for being careful.

But Carlos' texts weren't the bad part. The bad part is that an unknown, or not so unknown number has reached me.

Unknown:
So you thought that breaking up with me was it, right?
You're on your own.
It's laughable how wrong you were.
Just know that I will do what I have to do to make sure that your F1 career ends permanently before the end of this year.

I screenshot and forward the texts to my team so they know what we're dealing with here. This is going to get messy, and fast. At least now I know what he wants, he wants me out of F1. I'm not sure what that does for him, but maybe he's just one of those people who feels better abut himself by bringing other people down.

The thing is, Eliot was famous even before we started dating. He's a model and actor, so obviously he has an insane number of connections. He, unlike anyone else I've dated, actually has the power to get what he wants, and that's what scares me. 

My phone lights up with the notification being from the only person I want to hear from right now. I smile as I unlock it to answer.

Max:
Are you in Miami yet?

Charles:
Just got in.

Max:
We're in the same hotel, I believe. Can I come over? I love how they put the top teams in the same hotel basically every race, it's lovely.

Charles:
533
See you in a bit.

Before I can register what's happening, my hands start to shake and my heart rate increases. God, I don't want Max to have to deal with my anxiety, he's got enough stuff to deal with right now as it is. I don't want to become another problem on his plate.

A knock on my door snaps me out of my own thoughts. I open it to to find Max on the other side, a soft smile on his face. That disappears though when he sees the look on my face. I must look worried out of my mind.