𝐱𝐢. surprise

✧˖*°࿐   CHAPTER ELEVEN!
in real life / social media

✧˖*°࿐   CHAPTER ELEVEN!❪     in real life   /   social media     ❫

⎯⎯⎯ IN 𝐑𝐄𝐀𝐋 𝐋𝐈𝐅𝐄,

ISABEL AND LACY WALKED QUIETLY UP TO THE DOOR OF ISABEL'S DORM. After checking Life360 to make sure Gabbie was still there, and not at one of the random practices Bluder liked to call time from time, they rushed to the building hoping to execute their surprise.

Lacy bumped into the wall as she tripped over her feet trying to tiptoe. The both of them covered their mouths to try to stop from letting their laughter out, and giving away that they were outside. If Gabbie was on her bed, Isabel knew for a fact she would be able to hear them outside.

"Shh." Isabel pressed a finger to her grinning lips. Lacy shrugged her shoulder, hand gesturing for Isabel to open to door already. "Stay here,"Isabel whispered before opening the door.

Gabbie and Kate were sat on her bed, and Caitlin was sprawled out on Isabel's. Gabbie smiled at her as she walked in the door. Caitlin sent her the finger jokingly, while Kate refused to even look at her. Isabel felt her heart clench.

"Hey, babe," Gabbie said. She looked at Isabel's empty arms in confusion. "I thought you went to Target?" There was never a time Isabel Porter had come back from Target empty handed. Whether all she bought was useless things from the 1 dollar section or candy—she brought bags back.

"I did," She nodded, pursing her lips to hide the suspicious grin that was threatening to grow. "I bought a lot. Can you help me with the bags? They're in the hallway." Isabel through a finger out towards the hallway, where Lacy stood up against the wall in anticipation.

Gabbie slipped off the bed. "Sure."

Caitlin looked over at Isabel in excitement. Isabel had told her about Lacy and how Gabbie hadn't seen her in a year, and that she was coming to visit. So, of course, Caitlin had to be there to see the reaction. She wasn't sure why Kate was there. Or why she hadn't moved her eyes from staring at the same spot on Gabbie's comforter.

Gabbie passed by Isabel, eyeing her up and down suspiciously. She was tense. Though, even Isabel didn't know if that was from the build-up of the surprise, or the fact Kate was in the room.

"Why are you being so weird, Issie?" Gabbie chuckled, rounding the corner of their door. Then she screamed. "Oh, my God, Lacy!"