𝐱𝐢𝐢. coffee shop

✧˖*°࿐   CHAPTER TWELVE!
in real life

✧˖*°࿐   CHAPTER TWELVE!❪     in real life     ❫

⎯⎯⎯ 𝐈𝐍 𝐑𝐄𝐀𝐋 𝐋𝐈𝐅𝐄,

HER THOUGHTS WERE EVERYWHERE. As soon as Isabel pulled into the parking lot of the agreed meeting spot, her mind went into overdrive and her nerves crunk up to one-hundred. They had decided to meet at Austin's favorite coffee shop. Even when they weren't on the best terms, she was still doing things for him. If only he had done the same, they wouldn't be in this position.

She checked the clock on her dashboard, gulping when she read 3:40. 3:45 was the set time but she had already taken five laps around the block just not to arrive too early. Not that she was expecting him to be on time, anyways. He never was.

Isabel wasn't exactly sure what she would say to him. She had tried to practice it in her head multiple times throughout the day, but nothing would stick. It was like trying to plan out an entire day, step-by-step, without thinking of anything that could throw it off balance. The smallest of words from him could send Isabel into a spiral and make her forget about her planned words completely, so why even try?

The dinging of her phone pulled her from her thoughts. She picked it up from the cup holder, holding her breath anxiously. It wouldn't be surprising if it was Austin who had texted, saying that he couldn't make it. But it was just Gabbie telling her how much she loved her and that she would always be there for her.

Just as Isabel hit send on the text message back to Gabbie, Austin's truck had pulled up into the parking space next to her. She swallowed roughly, slowly grabbing her purse from the passenger seat and sliding her key out of the ignition. Her heart was pounding so loud she figured it was almost audible to others.

Austin hopped out of his truck, walking over to Isabel's door and opening it up for her. "Issie,"He whispered, pulling her into his chest as soon as she stepped out of the car. She wanted to pull away in disgust but she let him hold her for a few moments, not knowing if it would be the last time he ever does so.

A frown appeared on his lips when she finally pulled away from him. "Isabel, what's wrong? Please tell me."

Isabel shook her head, "Can we just go inside? I'm really fucking cold." The bluntness in her voice made Austin's heart drop to his ass. He was hoping that this wasn't anything other than a cute little date Isabel had planned, but it seemed as if his fears were beginning to unfold, because she didn't seem happy at all.

"Yeah," He nodded, placing a hand on her lower back as he always did. His fingers burned hotly on her skin. She sped up her walking pace, trying to get away from his lingering touch. "I'm going to go ahead and order. Do you want me to get you anything?" Isabel asked as they walked through the front door.