𝐱𝐥𝐢𝐢. pregame

✧˖*°࿐   CHAPTER FORTY TWO!
in real life & social media

✧˖*°࿐   CHAPTER FORTY TWO!❪    in real life     &     social media    ❫

⎯⎯⎯  𝐈𝐍 𝐑𝐄𝐀𝐋 𝐋𝐈𝐅𝐄,

THE TABLE WAS TENSE. By this point Jill had realized that something was going on. The forced smile on her daughter's face was enough to make her regret her decision of ever inviting Allie along. Isabel had been quiet the entire time—only speaking when spoken to or when she gave their waiter her order. Even Kennedy had a scowl on her face.

Isabel ate her pasta slowly, not having much of an appetite. She would've rather went with Gabbie, Jada, and Lacy after the game but she didn't want to be rude. It was her girlfriend's family, after all. And she knew Jill had only good intentions with inviting Allie. How was she to know the girl was a conniving bitch?

Kate's hand ran up and down her girlfriend's thigh, anxious to leave the restaurant as quick as possible. Gabbie had already let her know that they would wait on the two of them before heading to the party Jada's friend was throwing. She could only hope Allie hadn't been invited to it.

"Oh, I'm sorry, Kate, just realized I've been hogging the ketchup," Allie said, grabbing the bottle and holding it out to Kate whose plate was full of plain chicken tenders and fries.

"Kate doesn't like ketchup," Isabel informed the girl bluntly. Kennedy stifled her laugh by shoving a spoon full of soup into her mouth.

Allie nodded, a flash of fury glinting in her eyes for a brief second as they locked with Isabel's. Though she quickly replaced it with a sweet smile and instead placed the ketchup in the middle of the table in case anyone else needed it.

"Allie, how's your semester going?" Jill asked her, attempting to lighten the mood.

"Good, thank you for asking," Allie answered, "My financing class was a bit of a rough start, but luckily Kate was able to tutor me some." Isabel looked over at her girlfriend, whose jaw was clenched hardly.

"Oh, wonderful!"

"And you didn't fail?" Trevor sent a weary look Allie's way, not believing that his sister could've provided much help.

"Shut up, Trevor." Kate rolled her eyes.

Jill smiled at her children's bantering before turning her attention on to Isabel. "Isabel what about you? Anything new?"