𝐱𝐱𝐱𝐢𝐢𝐢. after the game

✧˖*°࿐   CHAPTER THIRTY THREE!
in real life

KATE JUMPED AS SHE FELT A PAIR OF ARMS WRAP AROUND HER WAIST FROM THE BACK

KATE JUMPED AS SHE FELT A PAIR OF ARMS WRAP AROUND HER WAIST FROM THE BACK. Though once the scent of strawberries and vanilla invaded her nostrils, she knew exactly who it was. She grabbed onto her hands that were on crossed her stomach, rubbing her thumb over them softly.

Unfortunately, they had just lost against Kansas State in a very hard fought game. It was a tough first loss to take, but Kate was fine with it as long as it wasn't a frequent thing. Losing the Championship to LSU hurt her more than she let on, and she wanted nothing more than to take it all the way this year.

Kate unwrapped Isabel's arm from her midriff so she could turn to face her. She grabbed her face gently, pulling the girl in to meet her lips in a small kiss. "Take some good pictures tonight?" Kate smiled, lacing their hands together and beginning to lead them to the private exit that only the players were allowed to use.

"Hardly. I was so nervous the entire game, I forgot that I was suppose to be even taking any," Isabel laughed, grabbing her keys out of the bag hooked around her shoulder and holding them out for Kate to take. Kate playfully rolled her eyes but grabbed them nonetheless. It never failed that she would be the one to drive. Not only did Isabel hate driving, but she wasn't the best at it either.

"I don't even want to think about this game." The beep of Isabel's car sounded from somewhere in the parking lot as Kate pressed the unlock button. "I did fucking terrible."

"You didn't do terrible. You never do terrible."

Kate raised her eyebrows at her girlfriend, letting go of her hand once they reached the car. "I had zero points," The blonde reprimanded, throwing her bag into the backseat next to Isabels. "You want Taco Bell?"

"Canes?" Isabel smiled innocently at Kate as she slid into the passenger seat. The girl let out a huff as she pressed the start button, though she quickly nodded. Isabel leaned over the console, giving her a sloppy kiss to the cheek.

Once the two of them had finally made it out of all of the traffic surrounding Carver Arena, Isabel felt comfortable enough to turn her music on and lean her seat back. She grabbed Kate's jaw gently as All Of The Girls You've Loved Before started to play, singing it to her loudly.

Isabel huffed as it went off, once again leaning back into her seat. She took a minute to catch her breath, listening as Kate now hummed the lyrics of False God. As Isabel looked over at Kate, the thought off moving popped back into her mind. She had yet to tell her that she and Gabbie were considering moving out; only Caitlin knew. Not that it was far away at all, but would Kate be sad that she would no longer be just down the hall? They had only just started officially dating, so Isabel could only hope the move wouldn't mess with their relationship in any way.

She reached up, turning down the radio a bit. "Hey, Kate, can I talk to you about something?"

Kate nodded, bringing the car to a stop as she approached the red light. "Yeah, of course." Her heart pounded wildly at the unnerving words. Surely Isabel wasn't having second thoughts about their relationship, right?

Isabel gulped, "So, Gabbie and I have been thinking about moving out of the dorms." Kate felt her the thumping in her chest slow down once she realized this was not what she thought it was going to be about. She nodded, encouraging Isabel to continue. "Well, we found an apartment only a block away from campus, and we got approved to come look at it and submit an application for it."

Kate broke out into a big grin, her eyes flickering from her girlfriend to the stop light. "That's great, Issie. When are you planning on going to look at it?"

Isabel snapped her head over to Kate in shock from her comforting words. Though, why had she even doubted Kate would be anything but supportive of her decisions? Kate had always encouraged Isabel to go after the things she wanted, and nothing would ever change.

The girl had already diverted her sight back onto the road, as the light had changed back to green. "So you're not upset? You know, that I'll no longer be 'just down the hall'?"

Kate drew her eyebrows together. "No? Why would I be upset? If you do move, I'll just walk even farther for you."

Isabel felt her eyes sting as tears arose into her sockets. She had never had someone as loving and caring as Kate. Austin wouldn't dare even drive a block to see her, much less walk it.

Isabel reached over into Kate's lap, grabbing the hand that was resting on her own thigh, and placing it onto hers. She ran her thumb across her knuckles softly as Kate continued to drive them to get food.

They pulled into the parking lot of Canes, Isabel now grinning ear to ear in excitement. If there was anything she loved to eat more than strawberries—it was Canes. She had been hooked on the food since Gabbie first introduced it to her. Though, Kate liked to disagree; to her it tasted like cardboard with a good dipping sauce, but she would eat it for Isabel.

Kate locked the car doors once they both got out. She grabbed Isabel's upper arm, pulling her into her side and wrapping an arm around the girls shoulder as the wind blew harshly against them.

Isabel squealed as Kate opened the door for the two of them. "I'm so excited!"

𝐚𝐮𝐭𝐡𝐨𝐫𝐬 𝐧𝐨𝐭𝐞,
womp filler womp
i have no idea how long
i want this book to be 🌝