𝐱𝐱𝐯𝐢. confrontation

✧˖*°࿐ CHAPTER TWENTY SIX!
❪     in real life    

✧˖*°࿐   CHAPTER TWENTY SIX!❪     in real life     ❫

⎯⎯⎯  𝐈𝐍 𝐑𝐄𝐀𝐋 𝐋𝐈𝐅𝐄,

KATE'S HANDS SHOOK AS SHE REACHED FOR THE DOOR HANDLE OF ISABEL'S DORM. She pushed it opened, greeted with the sight of Isabel, Jada, and Gabbie in the middle of an intense game of uno. Isabel's eyes were shut tightly as she listened to Jada and Gabbie argue if Gabbie had called 'uno' or not.

The sound of the door opening pulled everyone's attention away from the game and onto a very pale Kate. Isabel released a huge sigh of relief, jumping up from her spot on the rug and colliding into Kate. She pressed her lips to the exposed part of Kate's neck before pulling back.

"So how did it go?" Jada asked, pressing her cards to her chest so Gabbie wouldn't take the distraction as an opportunity to cheat. Something she was very good at doing in board/card games. "Was it a good apology?" There was a teasing undertone in her voice. Like she already knew the answer. No.

Kate threw her a crazed look, letting the girl know her assumption was right. She grabbed Isabel's hands, squeezing them as she sent her a tense smile. Isabel's mood began to drop as she realized that Kate was not very happy with how it went. "Can I talk to you in private?"

"Yeah, of course," Isabel nodded, worry flooding through her chest. Kate almost seemed guilty. "Hey, guys I'll be back in a minute. Jada make sure Gabbie doesn't look at my cards."

Gabbie through her hands up in the air. "I'm not a cheater!"

Jada patted her on the shoulder, "Yes, you are."

Kate interlaced her hand with Isabel's, dragging them out of the room and into the hallway just as another argument between Jada and Gabbie began to brew up. Isabel bit down on her lip in concern as she watched Kate think about how to approach the situation.

"What is it?" She asked, "You can tell me, Kate."

The blonde gulped. It wasn't that she didn't want to tell Isabel, just that she had no clue how she would react. They weren't together officially, so would she be mad at her? Even though she didn't  kiss Allie back? Things had just began to start going well between the two of them and Kate really didn't want this situation to mess anything up.

"Kate!" Isabel rushed after the girl only stood in silence for a few beats longer.

"Sorry," Kate began, "It's just that.. something happened that shouldn't have." As she watched Isabel's face drop into a saddened frown, she realized that wasn't the best to string her words. "Issie, she basically told me that you were gonna leave me just like you did Austin as soon as you got bored of me."