9: Makeover

Carter

Who is the guy staring back at me because he most definitely is not me. I let Jasmine talk me into getting a haircut. What was once a mess of curly red hair is now a finely styled short wolf cut. At least, that is what Jasmine told the stylist to do after they went through pictures on her phone together.
Apparently, Jasmine's mother is friends with the owner, so we got special treatment. I do have to admit I enjoyed every moment of the process. Getting a head massage while having my hair washed left me in a state of bliss.

"Carter," Jasmine pulls my attention away from the mirror, "in this baggy, you will find all of the products you need for maintaining your hair. I honestly don't know why I never taught you how to take care of your curls sooner." She clicks her tongue at herself.

"I'll show you how to apply them later, but for now," she grabs my arm and leads me over to her bed, setting me down on it.

My adams apple bobs as I look up at her from my seated position.

"Damn, calm down, Carter," she grinned while laughing at me. "I am not about to take advantage of my little coppertop."

She pokes my nose before going over to her nightstand and pulling out a notebook and a pin.

"What is that?" I raise an eyebrow at her, turning around to face her as she lays herself down on her bed behind me.

"This, sweet boyfriend of mine, is our list of rules for our relationship. And I kept a few blank spaces in case you wanted to add anything."

I take the notebook from her and open it to the list.

"You already made a list?" I feel so dumbfounded right now. "When did you make a list?"

"Um..." Her eyes dart around the room looking anywhere but at me.

"Jasmine?" My voice lowers.

"I kind of wrote it all down the night of the party after everything happened." She says sheepishly.

"The night of the... But I hadn't even agreed to anything yet. How did you know I would?"

"I didn't," her voice raises an octave, "I just hoped that you would, and now seeing as you have, it's a good thing I made the list ahead of time, right?"

"I suppose that was smart thinking." I shrug.

"See great minds think alike. Now go on and read it out loud." She looks excitedly at me, clearly pleased with what she has written down.

"One: No telling anyone, including our friends, that this relationship is fake." I look at her, "my mom can't know that we're in a fake relationship, okay?"

"Why not?" Her face scrunches in confusion.

"Because it will be bad enough having to hear about our fake break up from our friends."

"Fair enough." She shrugs, "add no telling your mom at the bottom once you're done reading."

I nod and continue on down the list.

"Two: We have to post about each other on our social media."

I hardly ever post to my social media. The only reason I got it was to stalk Jasmine. But seeing as how she is sort of mine now I have no problem with letting everyone know who's girl she is.

"Three: Affection is a must to make the relationship believable. Nothing is off limits..."

I take a shaky breath, "what do you mean by nothing is off limits?"

"It means what it says," she shrugs nonchalantly, "you can kiss me whenever, hold my hand, slap my ass. I don't care. Just do whatever it takes to make our relationship believable."