33: A Night of Firsts🔞

Jasmine

Makeup litters the floor around me as I sit in front of the full-length mirror of the guest room. I do my best to make my look as much like a clean girl makeup look as I can. I just want it to be simple but pretty. Concentrating on my makeup and picking an outfit has been helping keep my nerves under control. Every time I let my mind wonder what Carter could have planned for us tonight, my stomach bursts with butterflies, and giddiness takes over me. I have not been on a real date in so long. Angel was never one to plan dates. After he had me wrapped around his finger, all he had to do was the bare minimum to keep me. But I know it's also my fault for letting him use me for so long.

I have felt such relief from having so many miles between Angel and I, knowing that he is not able to get to me or Carter has lifted so much weight off of my shoulders. It occurred to me that once Carter is here in Cali, I won't have to worry at all for his safety, and Angel's threats will just fade away like he is from my memories. It is crazy to me how stupid I was for wanting him so much. If I could go back in time, I'd knock some sense into myself because, like, girl, what?

Carter was standing right in front of me the whole time! And looking fine as hell, too! He has been so good to me always, always there for me, always going along with whatever crazy idea I might have, always the first to forgive and ask for forgiveness, and... he has always loved me, and I am still finding out through each day that passes just how much he loves me, and it is more than I ever imagined I could be loved. He hasn't said the words yet, but his actions speak louder than any three words ever could.

"Who is it?" I call out after hearing someone knocking at the door.

"Catherine!"

"Come in!" I yell while applying my lip gloss to finish off my look.

Catherine enters with a big grin across her face. "You look so pretty!" She squeals as she closes the door behind her.

It may just be a coincidence, but the similarities between her and Miss G are uncanny. The only thing that separates them is their hair color, Miss G's being a deep auburn, and her's a natural blonde. I wonder if Carter has ever noticed that.

"Thank you," I smile, "Since you're here, I could use your opinion on what to wear." I uncross my legs and stand, making my way over to the bed where I have three outfits laid out.

"So for my casual look, I have these ripped Jean shorts, sleeveless croptop, and I'll wear a pair of Jordans with it, or," I move on to the second option "This cute white crop top goes with this matching white skirt, and I thought it would be cute to pair with some heeled sandals."

"Ooo, I love!" Catherine beams.

"And lastly," I laugh, "this light pink figure hugging strapless dress, and I'll pair it with some white sneakers. So it's between fancy and casual. And I do really like how the bust compliments my boobs." I hold the dress up to myself so she can get a good look at it.

Her eyes dart between all three outfits while she mulls over her decision.

"I may be in on what he has planned for you two, so not the jean shorts," she whispers. "The two-piece or dress is perfect!"

"The dress it is then!" An excited squeal sneaks its way past my lips.

"I thought that too, but I wanted the choice to be yours."

I smile at her, Catherine has such a motherly way about her, and it makes me feel so comfortable.

"Um..." I hesitate, and she looks on at me expectantly. "I am a little nervous about tonight. This is actually mine and Carter's first official date. We kind of went around in circles, avoiding our feelings for each other for a while, and I feel like he might be planning to make us official."