40: Sunday's With You

Jasmine

When Carter and I were little and had our many sleepovers (that I swear happened every single weekend,) whoever woke up first on Sunday got to choose what we did for that entire day, whether it was watching cartoons, playing outside, or simply forcing the one who woke up last to talk his mom into taking us somewhere. We never fought about what the other picked. We stuck to the rule of first awake first pick, and whatever we did, we always had the best of times together.

Since I am the loser who woke up late today at his house and naked in his bed, of course, he got to pick what we do today. And of course, his cheesy self said he would do anything as long as it was with me. So, really, I am more of the winner rather than the loser. I was a double winner this morning for getting to watch him being taught how to make pancakes by his mom. His red hair looked so cute and messy, and I just knew the sun casting its light into the kitchen and illuminating his already gorgeous blue eyes was definitely working in his favor. Ugh, if his mom had not been there...

Carter tugs me in the direction of the Build a Bear Workshop. We have been hanging out at the mall for a little over an hour now, just going from store to store. We had already had our fill at the food court, and honestly, I am ready for a nap, but my boyfriend has other ideas.

"Why Build a Bear?" I hold fast to his hand. "Because I'm going to build you a bear." He shakes his head at me as if it's obvious. I slap his arm.

"Don't be a smart butt."

The laugh that comes out of his mouth has me smiling from ear to ear.

"Smartbutt?" He raises an eyebrow at me. "You can call me a smartass." He laughs.

"I know, but," I take my time to think about it. "I just don't ever want to cuss at you, even playfully."

"What about when I'm inside you?"

My eyes widen at his response, but he ignores it, wrapping an arm around me and pulling me close to him.

"I don't ever want to cuss at you either, playfully or mad. But when we're going at it I can't help it."

I lace my fingers with his hand that is draped over my shoulder. "It isn't really cussing "at" each other when we're in the moment, you know?" I tilt my head to look at him, "it's more of... the pleasure talking."

He smirks at me, and my butterfly friends dance inside my stomach.

"You're cute." His smirk broadens, and I take my eyes off of him, feeling bashful.
It is so crazy how he has become the bold one in our relationship, now making me the shy one at times. It was not that long ago that he was constantly nervous and blushing at the sight of me. Now seeing him so sure of himself, so sure of me, of us. It makes me feel so happy and secure.

We enter into the shop and are greeted with the sing-song voices of the employees welcoming us in. There are only a few other shoppers lurking about, but they pay no mind to us as we do them.

"I'm going to build you something, too." I tell Carter as I let go of his hand in search of the perfect animal.

"Hey!" He protests, coming after me. "I want to come with you."

"Mine is going to be a surprise, so you can't." He juts out his full lips at me, and I can't help but smile at his pouting face. "You can make mine a surprise, too." I suggest as I step up to him and lay my hands on his chest.

He tilts his head to the side. "I suppose making yours a surprise would be fun."

I smile brightly and give him a peck on the lips. He goes to pull me in for more, but I shake my head at him. "There are kids here." I whisper as I push away from him.