4. Just like a pic nic

I was standing at the Cornwall Gardens next to our dad while James stood on our mom's side while Lucie was standing between them. I could feel her joy hyperventilating in enthusiasm. I on the other hand wasn't in the best mood. I was prepared for breakfast at home and suddenly I have to change. I am aware that this is not such big deal, however, I like to dress more modestly when I am outside covering as much skin as possible. So instead of my sweet boat necked dress that came into an a line skirt I wore a long sleeved high necked dress in a mermaid ending that deleted the shape of my silhouette. My simple braided ended up being curled and twisted around my neck. To upbeat my mood my mama carefully placed her clockwork angel around my neck before we set off. I was wearing a light pink cloak that matched my mulberry colored dress.

The carriage stopped right in front of us and Sona was the first one to disembark followed by her two children. I could see Daisey scanning the lot of us, I didn't pay much attention until Sona touched my elbow, as in a warm gesture and that snapped me and thankfully only out of my thoughts. "You must remember the age of sixteen Tessa, all dances and dresses." I heard Sona say.

"No but I do recall attending a vampire dance and some other party where Benedict Lightwood turned into a worm due to demon pox" My mother replied and I breathed in satisfaction for no reason, it is not as if I dislike Sona.

"Mother" Lucie exclaimed scandalized.

"Well he did turn into a worm" James added with a light grind.

"It was more of a vicious serpent..." our father corrected them putting one his serious not face.

"It was a very important part of demon pox, scientifically speaking." I added to lighten the atmosphere.

"Now that you mention it thank Cecily for me, for the domestic assistance." Sona spoke as the luggage was being transferred to the house. "Cordelia this will be a mess. Why don't you take Lucie and Linette for a walk" she suggested.

"And James could escort you. Perhaps the Kensington Gardens." My mother suggested. I was in no mood to follow and they knew but I would do it for Lucie. My dad rubbed my shoulders looking at me.

"Patience" He whispered in my ear before I followed the girls and my father. I had an awful mood, I disliked the change of plans and daylight for that matter. Unlike my sister who was thrilled for such activities. I am more of an night owl.

We strolled down the streets to arrive at the gardens. I had my armed tangled to my brother's as he was escorting me as a gentleman. Truth is I heard mom and dad speaking of marriage concerning me and I honestly couldn't be more happy that both of them agreed to not push me on the matter. Besides I had things concerned my personal life I kept secrets no one knew of them.

"I thought this would never happen, you coming here" Lucie spoke cuddling Cordelia's side.

"Why not? Law says if you are to be parabatai you should train together." James spoke to assure our little sister.

"Perhaps she could stay at the institute. Papa adores her" Lucie spoke, I was so happy to see her enthusiasm unfold.

"I think your father adores any Carstairs." Cordelia spoke and I smiled brightly at that. It was true. "Even my brother"

"I happen to actually like Alastair." I spoke and I saw the glare of betrayal on James' gaze. "At least I feel like we bond over our constant whining and permanent coldness to everyone that isn't ours." I explained briefly and squeezed my brother's arm discreetly. "You really have to love people like us to tolerate that." I joked lightly.

"You are not constantly moody. I happen to find you amusing." Cordelia spoke and smiled.

"Yes because I consider you from the people I can trust Daisy... Your people shall be my people... that's what the vow says. And with Matthew it is no different." I unriddled my thoughts to her and smiled.

"Means a lot to get that from the eldest Herondale sibling" Daisy smiled and made me laugh.

"it was fifteen minutes you know..." James groaned annoyed.

"Ohh shush little brother" I smiled at him and placed my head on his arm hugging him a bit. James turned at me but didn't comment further only squeezing my hand.

"So how about I spent the day with my best friend..." Lucie spoke and looked at me and then at James.

"Alright, I will be ten steps behind like a train bearer. But I have to keep you within sight otherwise mother will kill me and then I will miss tomorrow's ball and then Matthew would kill me and I would be twice as dead." James spoke and I remained next to him. Once Luce and Daisy were far enough I looked up at him.

"I told uncle Jem about the vision. Did you talk with him?" I asked my brother.

"No but I requested a hearing." He replied and looked down at me. "Thank you for sleeping at Lucie's room. I know how you feel when you are not at your place with your things... Did you had any other flashnack other than the Devil's Tavern? I mean at Lucie's room or with the furniture and all..." He asked me as we kept our gaze to the girls that were speaking in front of us.

"No I did not. I am good. Honestly it is only my fear to not see something I cannot stand. I mean from the very first things I saw was Jessamine dying in our father's arms, when I touched her doll house. Or aunt Ella dead when dad hugged me after that." I explained briefly and James didn't speak.

"You have never told me what you saw first." He noticed and looked at me.

"Well... you know. Clockwork creatures attack at the institute, uncle Jem slowly dying, mom taken away, auntie Charlotte pregnant to Charlie trying to defend Henry and there is Jessamine and dad... He was already injured, and she took a hit for him." I spoke up and took a breath. "I can feel the pain of the person I am seeing you know... this is why I have never touched Jem's violin or the mom or dad." I added and looked away for several moments.

"That is why you do not touch any of us. Right?" He asked, his voice was too quiet too heavy.

"No, I deny that because I am scared that I amy see the future and not the past. It has happened three times before..." I added before he could actually ask me. "Can we change the subject?" I asked him and looked at him. He looked at me and pulled me into a where where only the fabric of our clothes actually touched and I had to admit it was relieving.

"I haven't asked you yet how is it going with that Bridgestock guy that has been around your tail?" James asked me and looked at me.

"Well he has been running around like Oscar and I ignore him with the absolute success although he doesn't seem to accept ignorance for an answer. The worse that could happen is him asking my hand and me saying no." I explained briefly. "This is why I practically danced even with Charlie at the last ball. Even he doesn't like his fiancee's brother." I joked lightly. He didn't comment further he only held my hand and squeezed it.

A/N: so i made a small mistake with the order of the chapters so the for those 28 people who read it... Sorry :'). Anyway i hope you are having a great day, thank you for reading the story and reaching here.