13. Thoughts of a Boheme

I got decent once again, threw the blood-stained outfit on the trash. Once my hair where untagled I wore a dress swiftly, my hair loose down my shoulder still dump from the water of that refreshing bath. I was feeling alright, more than that actually... There was still a heavy weigh on my chest from the incident at the Cornwall Gardens, Barbara that laid injured and hurt at the infirmary. I would go there to help after I checked on my siblings.

I walked out of the room and directed my way to the infirmary, passing from the sanctuary entrance. I didn't walk out, I was scared, however I stood there. I witnessed Cordelia and Lucie speaking. "Is everything alright?" I wondered, I was frowning and Lucie froze and stared at me for a few seconds.

"We were just talking." Lucie replied and looked at me with a smile...

"Luce was showing me Balios and Xanthos, they are so precious." Cordelia spoke and I smiled lightly with a nod.

"You should stay in Cordelia, with us it is dangerous to play outside as we saw." I spoke and looked at her in the eyes instead of Lucie. I knew they were lying therefore I was uncertain whether I wanted her to tell me about what she and Lucie were scheming or not. Parabatai were supposed to support one another through everything.

"Yes, I guess you are right." Cordelia smiled at me before I left, the silence made the atmosphere too awkward for me to stay, so I walked further in the institute as I saw four figures on the ballroom, Matthew had come back.

"Any news on Barbara?" Thomas shot up immediately looking at me.

"I don't know, I was on my way there to aid." I informed him and raised an eyebrow. "Why... are you bariccating the windows?" I wondered, my gaze towards my twin ignoring his parabatai completely.

"Um because father said so... he said to take care of the ball room." James informed me with a serious glare.

My eyebrows raised as I stared at him and then the room. He expected me to believe that... If it was one of them that lied I would probably just go with the flow therefore my siblings thought of leaving me out of it, as if I would snitch, or I wouldn't support their idiocy. "Right." I nodded and turned my back to leave without further questions.

"Lina?" James called my name. "Are you okay?" he asked me.

"Delightfully fine. Keep working, father must have his reason to tell you to barricade the whole ballroom" I spoke up and kept walking away with a sigh. I have to admit that it kind of hurt having my siblings lie to me... Luce is a good liar, not when caught of guard though and I saw that she was preparing to leave the institute, I know this would sound stupid but I knew it and now James and his friends...

The simplicity of James' speech was not casual as he usually mocks me about anything. He was preparing something that obviously I ought not to know. I wished to believe that it was that I wouldn't agree with his actions and not that he didn't trust me. But James and Lucie hiding from me, avoiding me the same day, after I had such unusual episode. My head was making all those scenarios, of how they were scared of me... especially if our parents informed them of the scene at the sanctuary before. I was actually possessed. They were scared of me... Matthew was right this morning when he was walking away, I didn't really blame him or anyone for that matter.

Once I realized the tears threatening to create a small waterfall on my cheeks, I was already outside the infirmary. I loved assisting at the infirmary, this time though it was different. There was no scratch infected with poison which couldn't be healed by runes, or a migraine that needed herbs. I looked around and spotted brother Zachariah, that is his name when more people other than my family is around. There were five beds with people, Barbara, next to her Oliver, they both seemed unconscious, on the opposite side there was Ariadne Bridgestock and her father, and a few beds further there was Piers Wrayburn, laid in the worst situation out of all. My eyes though were stuck upon Barbara, as my aunt Sophie came and sat next to her holding her daughter's hand. It was exactly like my vision...