15. the day after

Linette Herondale

I could feel the alcohol through my blood, it caused my head to pound. I was suffused with a sense of euphoria, it was my libido, and that charmed cocktail Arabella gave me. My adventure with Matthew felt like a dream and I really do not remember much after we left the atelier at Hell Ruelle. I felt like I woke up in the bathtub with Anna sitting next to me with an amused and half puzzled grind upon her lips. She looked exhausted.

"I am glad that today's events seem to have no impact in you..." Anna commented she was sitting crossed legged next to me as I was rubbing the acrylics off of my body and hair, the moment in the atelier was replaying in my head, my limbs still feeling shaky from Matthew's motions.

"Oh what Matthew usually says? Drink to forget?" I asked her with a smile. I couldn't stop smiling. It was bizarre. The world crumbling down on me and yet I could only think of him.

"And care to tell me everything that occurred today? From the pic nic to the moment I see Matthew more sobber than you filled with color paint and bruises on his neck?" Anna wondered and smiled at me with a smile that was no longer entertained but concerned. She had every right to know, she is the only person who trusts me and I trust.

I took a deep breath the smile vanishing from my expression within seconds as I felt my eyes tearing. It was like I had zero objections and all the emotions I had were flowing on the outside without having the ability to control them. "During the pic nic while I was with Thomas, Barbara talked to us about something she saw last night... While last night James had his flash only for a while. While I was fighting the demon, right after you gave me that dagger, I felt like I was some thing pulling me down wards but there was nothing, it was me, and an unexplained desire to just get in the water, I was really drowning until Matthew pulled me out of the water... I was in a blank world... I ought to have no memories but I remember the blank and the death roaming over me... But he saved me along with Daisy... The parabatai of my siblings" I spoke and let out a sob, I really didn't want to tell the rest.

Anna stood up and offered me a towel, her initials were knitted on the edge of it. "Come out, I left a night gown for you, I'll fix my bed, you can tell me the rest while tucked in." she spoke and kissed my forehead. I got out of the tub once she was out. I was feeling somewhat numb, even though my head was sore, felt heavy with each slight motion.

I dried my hair lightly and wore the clothings my cousin left for me, I used her brush, she had too short hair to need it, I brushed my hair and tugged them in a loose braid that hung loose right on the end of my waist. Once I walked out of the bathroom I saw her laying on her bed, with an empty spot for me. I sat down and she offered me a small cup of tea. I smiled at her lightly and nodded. "You were at the part where Daisy and Matthew..." She sighed and held my hand, she was staring at my eyes.

I told her about everything, the demon that possessed me both during the battle and afterwards when we went home, how I came out to my father and mother, how my siblings were doing everything they could to avoid me. I explained how trapped and drowning, I felt. I hadn't realized I was crying , my breath was shallow and Anna's arms were immediately around me.

"Hey, ease up. Lina, I am certain James and Lucy have no such intention..." Anna hugged me, her hand taking the cup from my hold to keep it from spilling. "No one blames you, you cannot control it and neither can James, I am sure there is an explanation." She tried to assure me but it didn't work.

"I have thought of one, they are hiding things from me because they are either scared of me or that I am too weak to handle anything. Either way. They do not trust me... and that kills me." I sobbed and curled in a ball upon her lap. The euphoria and my feelings for Matthew seemed a long happiness, another path that was uncharted. I didn't know where it led, but if I had to guess I'd say to a cliff.

I fell asleep on Anna's hug.

~

"Lina. Lina, wake up" I shot up at the shaking of my shoulder, it was my aunt Cecily. Her expression seemed somewhat scared.

Anna next to me rubbed her eye and surveyed straight at me and her mother. "Mom... What is it?" she asked as she saw me stunned as well.

"Will wants us at the institute. He didn't find you there and sent a panicked servant here to check if you were here. Why didn't you let them know?" Aunt asked, she was a bit fuming as she sat next to me.

I groaned and sat better, I clear my glare with my hand and looked at her. "I told them I would be coming. It is not my fault my father didn't listen." I explained briefly trying to slip away from the fact that I snuck out. "Why such an uproar though?" I wondered and frowned at my aunt and she gulped. The anger from her expression turning into one of concern, I turned to Anna as I sat up.

"Merry Thieves with Lucie and Cordelia went at the Chiswick house, they fought a gorgon demon." She revealed and I shot up.

"Are they okay?" I asked and immediately went to Anna's wardrobe, I opened it and took out a pair of jeans.

"Not that one, its cashmere, try the black." Anna spoke and I huffed lightly and placed the vanilla colored next to it. I put it on with two swift moves taking a blue sleeved button shirt shoving it on the inside of the black wide legged pants. I left my braid as it was and turned at Anna who was putting on her yesterday clothes.

"Me and Gabriel will be at the carriage, get ready and lets get going..." Cecily spoke and walked out of the room.

"See what I was telling you? I wouldn't have been excluded by that under normal circumstances. Matthew left me here. Made sure I was out of their hair..." I spoke, my jaw tightened to a point it hurt my teeth as I felt last nights weight be once again upon my chest. Anna looked at me and remained silent. She couldn't defend them or make me feel relieved about it.

We went to the carriage with her parents and I remained silent still, so did she, speaking only to keep the conversings away from me. I was eyeing the moon, it was still late, the sky had a less darker color that made my heart pound in my hea, with concern and a feeling of uneasiness that something bad was happening.

A/n: Hey there readers, thank you for reading and reaching this point. This was one boring chapter I know, but those are needed tooJ Anyway as always I want to hear your opinion in comments or dms if you don't feel comfortable with that.

Have a good night or day and remember to take care of yourselves.

Yours, silvermist