19. Ave Atque Vale

I walked out of my room and so did Lucie. Our rooms were opposite to each other. It was the first time I hadn't seen her more than 48 hours, under different terms she would already know about Matthew about the possessions. She looked beautiful, white suited her well, her hair up with a white stripe accessory ove her head and some bang. Her dress was tight at the top of the stomach while the rest fallen down to her legs. My style was different more airy.

"Lina-." She spoke, she was shocked for some reason. Luce approached me and looked at me, she didn't touch me. She knew better than that.

"What is it Luce?" I asked her, I was hurt, I wanted her to know that but that didn't mean anything.

"I am sorry." She spoke and held my gloved hand, her bright blue eyes were looking into mine and I could see the regret.

"I only want to know why? Why did you lie to my face? I mean you know I would have helped you, I trust you with everything and you didn't trust me when you needed it." I spoke and started walking down the corridor, the funerals were soon to start.

"You were tired, I knew you would tug along and I didn't want you hurt." Lucie found an easy excuse.

"Poor piece of excuse Luce. I am not an idiot, I know you are hiding something just like the Merry Thieves did the same." I sighed, she was a step behind me.

"Lina, that's not true!" Lucie spoke and tried to get my attention. "I trust you with everything and I would have told you immediately!" she exclaimed louder.

"You are good at making stories, not acting them out. Stop underestimating my intelligence. I am not James, who thinks you acted out of spite. I know there's something there that you don't trust me with." I yelled, I could tell I caught my sister by surprise."I respect it Luce, but that doesn't mean it isn't hurtful." I explained and opened the gate and walked over to our parents stood next to my father. Lucie didn't have the time to respond properly, she only followed me to our parents.

Only now, did I notice how much Eugenia Thomas and Barbara looked like their father. Eugenia and Barbara especially looked like twins. It almost made me teary. She stood by her sisters body that was covered with white sheet. To Oliver there was his mother.

Aunt Sophie was pale and her eyes swollen from crying, uncle Gideon had his arms around her supporting her silently, his eyes were shining, he had been crying as well. Thomas stood tall, his expression blank, close to him there was Christopher and Anna, a bit further there was aunt Cecily with Uncle Gabriel who was holding baby Alex.

Brother Zachariah entered as well, moving to the bodies. He spoke the words of the funeral and Eugenia stood tall above Barbara. The atmosphere was heavy and so was I. "Ave Atque Vale, Barbara Lightwood." She exclaimed and Barbara's body turned into dust within seconds with a blinding light radiating. This meant she had pure angelic blood. I teared up lightly, as the body slowly transformed in to ashes. The numb was slowly wearing off as the ceremony was finally over.

I somehow lost track of everyone, even Anna seemed to be gone from there, every problem that was sank in grieve was slowly coming back on the surface, I walked alone at the corridors of the institute. I heard voices, it was my brother and Cordelia, they were speaking about something. All of a sudden, I felt left out. I didn't like feeling left out. They were discussing an another attack, with another victim.

"...they don't seek to kill, they seek to bite, to sicken" Cordelia concluded.

"But Randolph was killed" James argued, I could tell by the sound of his tone that he was contemplating the data he had gathered.

"Because he was the only one fighting back" Cordelia pointed out. "It seems to me that they are only willing to kill, Barbara and Piers could've easily died from blood loss- their directive is to spread this infection." Cordelia deducted smartly and It only made me think more.