18. Scary fun and stupid

For the frequent readers... check out the new chapter 7 cause its a chapter i forgot to upload... Along with a small confusion with the chapters.

Thank you! and excuse my absent mind.

Enjoy:)

Linette Herondale

Matthew's eyes were filled with question marks it was possibly the first time his eyes were looking for an answer instead of a glass of bourbon to assist to the 'clearance of his ponders' as he usually states. "What is the meaning of it? What happened?" he asked me.

"I- I don't- I am scared to tell you." I stutter and looked elsewhere, I felt the need to be a bit further away from him. I was fearing he would only witness a monster after it.

"I was literally aiding your twin to travel, on purpose I might add, on a demonic dimension that we have no legitimate intelligence of it." Matthew remarked, he did convince me to reveal the incident. I was trusting him with my brother's life, he has seen our bizarre skills.

" Oh thank you for reminding me that you lied straight to my face when I asked what was going on. All of you!" I exclaimed and crossed my arms.

"You are avoiding the important part, love." Matthew ignored my attempt artistically.

I let out a shaky breath. "I attacked my mother- and my father had to attack me to save her... it was the possession you mentioned earlier... that's all." I sighed and looked away. "And then all of you avoided me. The four of you saying that you were simply comforting Thomas, Luce and Daisy lying to me about their plans, which I still do not perceive... And then I was thrown out of the infirmary, I love helping there..." I started speaking my sense of betrayal and his gaze melted on my figure, just like I was melting under his touch.

"And so you thought it was a fascinating idea to dress all glittery and edgy and have a drink alone at Hell Ruelle." Matthew smiled, it was melancholy. His palm hugging my waist and pulling me closer to him. My senses were lit up the moment his physique was physically touching my body.

"It was, you can't deny the tension released." I smirked, it was as if all the previous thoughts were wiped out of reality for those moments. I had to raise my chin to meet his gaze as I was stroking his chest subconsciously.

"Linette-." Matthew spoke my name, his tone was distant trying to remind me of my surroundings, where any part of my family could come in. He didn't succeed.

"I still feel your lips tingle on me and your touch making me color the atmosphere with my voice." I spoke, I loved the mixed uncomfortability and desire that his eyes were radiating. I was feeling the embarrassment of the words I was voicing but hid behind the confident façade, despite the blush he seemed to notice.

"You are pretty naughty for a lady, this could be scandalous." Matthrew replied and his hands still on my waist, his thumbs stroking me subconsciously. His gaze darkening as he stared right at me. It was the same gaze that made me feel naked even if I was fully dressed.

"Scandalous, I like scandalous when it includes us too." I pointed out and he smiled down at me.

"Too bad you have no gloves, you won't be able to touch me like I do." Matthew spoke up and pushed me towards a stand, he was standing between my legs and I was looking up at him. The natural unfiltered confidence I have was stripped out of me as his gaze looked down at me. "You are angelic" he commented as his lips were inches away from mine. I looked up at and attempted the kiss, therefore he rested his index upon my lips.

I let out a breath as he denied a single kiss. I felt ignorant of what was going on as his index caressed a straight line from my lips to my torso to the furniture between my legs. I was only looking up at him, I was silence, he was staring right at my eyes. I was gripping the drawer stand I was located at, I needed to hug him but I had no gloves.