23. Moment of Truth

"I will do it but I will need my distractions and four of you, Cordelia, Lina come with me?" Anna requested and I dragged my feet off her couch and followed her and Cordelia in her bedroom were her eccentric wardrobe laid flawlessly and sorted by colour. It wasn't the fist time I found myself there, it was though Cordelia's and she looked stunt by the outfit galore and barely ten pieces aparted a full gown.

"Why can't I come?" Lucie exclaimed in a complaining manner as we were walking out.

"Because you are underaged!" Anna responded with an amused manner as she closed the door behind her, she eyed me, she knew something was off and truth be told it was more than one thing that disturbed my thoughts. I hadn't seen her in two days and within two days my balances had come down collapsing in my head and I was only standing there. Aiden asking for my hand and claiming my father accepted such proposal, Matthew's manner and then him exchanging saliva with white haired witch that blinded him and my brother too! The vision, the vision of me attempting to murder my mom, again! Luce and James hiding things from me...

"What exactly are we doing here...?" Cordelia asked and Anna smirked viciously, enough to make me even startle in the thought of her idea.

"We are choosing an outfit... I will be with Vex but someone needs to be close to Kellington the presenter but the most important part is to blend in. And going like that you sure as hell will not be adapted to your environment. "And I have exactly what you girls need to wear..." she smirked and pulled out a red velvet dress, it had golden details, it was shorter on the front and longer on the back.

Cordelia's eyes shone at the sight of the gorgeous creation of a fashion designer, all of Anna's clothes were made customly for her specifically out of the best materials. "Its breathtaking..." Daisy exclaimed in a giggle and looked at it wide eyed, the amber of her eyes shining a bit more than usual.

"And you will look scorching hot in it!" Anna encouraged her and I smiled picking her hair behind her shoulders.

"We could straighten your hair too, and add some gold accessories." I suggested and huggled Daisy from the behind. She giggled and leaned her head towards mine, I made sure I didn't touch her skin at all, my gloves up to my elbows.

"And now your turn young miss Herondale." Anna turned at me and we turned at her to see what she will pick from her library. "I will take advantage of you to see James' shocked face and Matthew's drulling." She chuckled as she unfolded a two piece set, it was a skirt as if it was cut off a ballroom gown, it had lace and knitted fabric with small silver details.

"That- doesn't look bad why would they-." Cordelia spoke staring at what I was going to wear, but she was interrupted by the rest of it. It was a white ling sleeved, it was short and the only fabric was at the area of the chest while the back was secured only by strings like a crochet. "That's why-..." She giggled.

"I like it... I like it a lot I'd say..." I smiled, sharing the diabolical smirk of Anna.

"I know what I choose sweetheart, ever had a doubt?" Anna chuckled as we carefully packed the unique pieces and walked outside. We arranged our departure and our meeting at Hell Ruelle later that night as we returned home.

Me James and Lucie were at the carriage... We weren't speaking, we were scared to speak I assume, it felt as if we were in that wage for a tons of hours but it had barely been ten minutes. "Is any of you planning to speak of it?" Lucie exclaimed.

"Speak of what?" I asked acting innocent and looked outside my window, they were sitting side by side and I was on the seat across theirs.

James simply glared at me with his eyebrows raised. "Really Linette?" he asked me and returned the eye contact.