Missing words

We looked at each other before James could think of something I turned my attention to Lucie. "Luce, are you feeling alright?" I asked and pulled her in a hug, her arms clutched around my shoulders, so tightly I felt she could smash my shoulders, we were on the same height, perhaps she was a bit taller than me. "I know" I whispered in her ear, she probably saw it too.

"We cant let this happen- not to you." Luce sobbed in my shoulder as I was stroking her hair.

"We won't maybe it was only one of Gast's games right?" I asked and noticed Daisy sharing confused looks with Matthew, they both turned at James finally who acted irrelevant to the matter.

We stayed quiet on our way back to the institute. James and Lucie had put me between them, Luce had her head on my shoulder as James' gaze looked the window. I could see the occasional stares of Cordelia and Matthew who were confused. Matthew would ask me at some point and what was I going to tell him? That I will die-

I was trying to wrap my head around the vision but I didn't have enough time. We arrived at the institute. Our parents standing outside looking at us. They were angry. "And where have you been?" My dad asked us. "I did not raise you to be horse thieves and scallywags- and I clearly recall telling you-!" papa was yelling at us.

"Thank you for letting them borrow the carriage and come and get me." Cordelia interviened her eyes were wide as she looked innocently at my dad. I couldn't help but smirk at the well played showed. "I wanted to see what I can do to help..." She added and I could see my dad melting for her sweet words.

"Of course. You are always welcome here, though we are as you can see we are going out. Charles ivoked the Consuls authority and called Grosvenor square to discuss last nights attack .... Only for high level enclave members apparently." Papa explained briefly.

"By the angel, that sounds awful. I hope it is alright for me to say here for tonight." Matthew grimaced at the thought of this unfold in his house.

"We have rooms made for you." Mama spoke as her gaze rested on me and I felt a thousand stabwounds hit my back. While my father and Matthew were talking about Charles be spanked. She took a step towards me as if she knew I was worried- unwell. "Are you feeling well, Linette?" she asked me and tucked some hair behind my ear, I tensed but only nodded before she turned to my father and deathglared him about something he was going to say.

Matthew Fairchild

I still didn't know what was going on- why all three of them froze as they left the other room, Lina was laying on the couch her head upon James who seemed disturbed therefore unwilling to let me be aware of what unfolded on Gast's flat. She had her eyes closed but I could tell she wasn't sleeping- she was resting. James' fingers were tangled around her hair slowly unbraiding them into gentle curls.

Lucie was close to her as well, she was holding her feet on her lap slowly massaging her paws, they both seemed oddly caring for Linette and this could only scare me for what they saw. It wasn't just Lina falling or James disappearing yet again, this time it was Lucie being marbled at the sight. They were both speaking to Jessamine, asking why and when can ghosts lie too and under what circumstances.

I saw Cordelia look just as confused as I was. They were conversing with a creature that was invisible and we were only watching one side of the facts. "Its very strange to see you conversing with the absolute void." I commented with a sigh and with a huff the ghost appeared in front of us.

"Its very nice to see you Jessamine, Lucie speaks frequently of you." Cordelia smiled and the ghost beamed.

"You are a very attractive ghost." I said, my fingers playing with the ring sound tapping it down to my chest. She was attractive, blonde hair, porcelain skin, it was almost a pity she was killed before we met her. "I do hope James Lucie and Lina, mention me as much."