16. we are dust and shadows

16. We are dust and shadows

We arrived there and my mother pulled me into a tight hug I patted his back with a reflexive eyeroll "I told you I would be with Anna." I simply said as Lucie came and snatched baby Alexander from our aunt's arms. We were still at the sanctuary, Magnus Bane was sitting there next to Jem, Matthew had a gash upon his face, James was next to him we exchanged an eye contact. I didn't maintain it as I saw Thomas' huge gash.

"I- I didn't remember and then we heard about Chiswick demon battle and you weren't there-." She spoke her voice was stuttering as she stroked my face.

"I- would assure you if I knew what their plan was..." I said. My voice loud enough to ensure the fact that I was heard by my friends. I could feel Luce, Matthew and James pinning their eyes on me however I didn't turn at them. I only walked to Thomas close to uncle Jem.

'You can clean the wound.' Jem said in his own way and I only nodded kneeling in front of him.

"Lina-" James was to speak but raised my palm interrupting him.

"I don't want to hear anything. Not now" I looked at my brother and then my gaze shifted to Matthew. "Or ever." I said and his green eyes turned at the ground they were gleaming, with tears and shots of guilt. I took a napkin with water and cleaned the area around the wound while Uncle Jem was working on it.

"Thank you Lina." Thomas groaned lightly and I patted his shoulder.

"If it doesn't cure I will stitch up." I smiled with a suggestion.

"You, dear, seem to be the smartest person here. Are you certain you are not adopted?" Magnus Bane asked me and I chuckled lightly.

"Oh today is the night of backstabs" I looked at Matthew "secrecy" then to James "and lies..." and lastly to Lucy who didn't look at me she only bit her lips. "So Mr. Bane that would honestly be no surprise." I said and realized James was staring at Matthew and then at me with a puzzled glare. I didn't care. I didn't plan on hiding my feelings eitherway.

Soon Magnus Bane left the facility and we made it inside the institute. James was awkwardly walking beside me from one side and Lucy soon came next to me and held my hand looking at me. "Sorry..." she spoke looking like a puppy.

"Oh, nice of you to say so Luce." I spoke up and removed my hand from hers abruptly causing her to gasp.

"Lina... Now you are being mean..." James sighed, he had no arguments so his voice was in a lower tone. "we didn't mean-" he started saying.

"James... you both lied straight to my face as if I would betray you or judge you..." I spoke up. "If I have done anything or you don't trust me tell me." I told them as we finally came to the first floor, James was to say something but he paused and placed his finger upon his lips, shushing Thomas and Christopher that were talking. Our father. He was singing in Welsh... That was rarely a good sign.

My eyes caught a glimpse of Matthew who was staring at me, his eyes getting dark as I was making an eye contact for a few seconds before we entered the dining room to see our father with another wizard, he had horns on his head.

"Ragnor Fell, these are my beloved daughters and son. Also a disgraceful pack of home intruders..." My father spoke and pointed at the rest of the Merry Thieves.

"In the name of Lilith..." Ragnor Fell exclaimed "Christopher Lightwood is here, hide the breakables."

"Christopher is here often" James spoke and looked at the wizard. "The house remains intact."

"Mr Fell here, came for a social call..."My father said and looked at me. "He is a fun of Welsh songs I sang a few, but I am sure my daughter Linette is far more talented on that expertise." My father spoke and I only nodded moving to the piano.