Alternative: The Polyamorous Route

Note: Y'all...Y'ALL!!!! Pretty Boy really had the potential of being about a polyamorous relationship. I hadn't always considered it; but the concept did start forming the first time I had Paul and Brad interact in "Meeting the Not-Boyfriend". Then the idea started growing exponentially out of nowhere, and I legitimately found myself thinking about a storyline where Marsh, Paul, and Brad were all together in a polyamorous relationship by the time I completed "A Second Try". I backed out of doing so because Paul and Marshall's relationship was already established by this point. As was Brad's relationship with Yasmine.

But because I've thought so heavily about it, I figured I'd share a little bit of what was going on in my head when the Hale-Lahote-Romero ship set sail! 😂

Had I followed the polyamorous route, Marshall and Brad would've already been together at the beginning of the story. The off-screen plot still would've followed them meeting at the theater, but the diverging point would've been them dating a few months after first meeting. Roughly two years later, Marshall would've taken things further by marrying Brad and turning him into a vampire. Fast forward another two years, and a night out at a local club leads to Marshall and Brad getting a new toy to play with - that toy, of course, being Paul.

I knew I was going to do something different with their relationship since same sex imprint bonds weren't a thing in the original Twilight series. So, taking my own creative liberties, Paul would've imprinted on both vampires, and they would've wholeheartedly reciprocated it by opening up their vampiric mated bond.

I never dove too deep when it came to making a fully fleshed out plot with this route, but I did come up with an entire scene related to their very first interaction.

Have fun!

And because it fits so well, this chapter's theme song is Twisted Games by Night Panda feat. Krigarè!

***

The easiest way to catch one's prey was to sit and observe, taking in the most minor of details in order to break down the highest of walls. Attentively listening was just as crucial, of course—seeing how most people, when comfortable with someone, would spill the contents of their hearts if they were probed at well enough. Flashing a warm smile coupled with a patient nod of the head made it easy to learn a stranger's deepest secrets, greatest lies, ugliest truths, and vilest habits. 

Getting such information was simple when occupying a place where people openly searched for companionship in those around them.

That was exactly why Brad and Marshall loved frequenting bars and clubs. Because the eager, desperate faces who made the mistakes of trying to get to know the couple only worked to turn themselves into a filling, satisfying dinner.

Vampires were cunning, crafty beings. They found great joy in procuring a meal that gave chase. However, taking in a human whose sole desire was to slowly squeeze themselves into an already close relationship had some perks too.

The main one? Seeing fear and dejection in their eyes when plans of breaking the two vampires apart severely backfired.

Marshall and Brad could be patient if it meant they were able to find the appropriate meal.

And with piercing eyes wandering around the room, they were further reminded why they were currently inhabiting a local LGBT nightclub known as Red Velvet.

Red Velvet was a large, multifloored establishment brimming with guests of all walks of life. An L-shaped bar with rows upon rows of fancy liquor sat in a far corner near a set of double doors leading to a hidden kitchen. High top chairs were kept a wide distance away from one of the main lounge areas. Circular black tables of varying sizes were accompanied by low light candles on their surfaces and comfortable purple couches for people to sit on.