CHAPTER 45

It was our study period in the Great Hall and I was doing my Potions work, Harry was on my left and Hermione on my right with Ron sitting next to Harry, and those two were very stressed about not having partners for the Yule Ball.

"This is bad, at this rate we'll be the only ones in our year without dates," Ron hissed. With unfortunate timing, Snape who was supervising the study session strolled past Ron and slapped him over the head with his papers.

Ron looked appalled at the blatant abuse. "You kind of deserved that Ron," I said.

"Well us and Neville!" Ron said, ignoring my comment.

Harry snickered. "But then again, he can take himself."

"It might interest you to know that Neville's already got someone," said Hermione, her eyes not leaving her work.

Ron gasped and Harry looked shocked.

"You two didn't have to be so mean about it. What's with the Neville-bullying?" I commented.

Ron signed, putting his head in his hands. "Now I am really depressed."

Fred, who sat close to Ron, threw him a note without Snape looking. We all peered over in curiosity at the note. 'GET A MOVE ON OR ALL THE GOOD ONES WILL HAVE GONE!'

"Who do you have then?" Ron mouthed to Fred in hushed tones.

The charmer Fred is, threw another piece of paper, this time at Angelina. She turned to glare at him.

Fred whispered quietly, making dramatic movements with his arms, to emphasise his question. "Would you like to go to the hall with me?"

She didn't even think about it and nodded her head, smiling then going back to her work while Fred winked at Ron.

Encouraged by this, Ron turned to Hermione. "Well Hermione, Katerina, you're both girls."

"Oh well spotted," she replied acidly.

"Smooth Ron," I said, rolling my eyes.

"Come with both of us?" He asked, holding up his hands and pretending to dance, ignoring Harry's feeble attempts to warn him Snape was coming over this way.

Snape slapped all of us, though I hardly did anything wrong except be there, and we all went back to our work.

Once Snape had left, Ron said, "It's one thing for a guy to show up alone, for a girl, it's just sad."

Hermione, seething in anger, turned to Ron. "I won't be going alone because believe it or not someone's asked me."

"And me," I chimed.

She pushed her chair away vehemently and the wood screeched loudly against the stone floor. After handing her book in to Snape, she grabbed her bag and hissed, "And I said yes!"

"Bloody hell," Ron said as he watched Hermione storm out of the hall. He then asked me, "Is she really going with someone?"

I shrugged my shoulders and stood up, also completing my work. "Just because it's taken you 3 years to figure out she's a girl, doesn't mean others haven't."

"Who's she going with then?" Enquired Harry.

"That's her business," I replied, standing up to hand my book in to Snape as well. Maybe I could still catch up with Hermione.

"Hermione, wait up!" I shouted as I ran outside of the hall.

Turning around, her hands fisted at her sides, Hermione was seething in anger. "I can't believe that pig-headed idiot!"