Four: Duets. Part Two.

Later, Sam was in the locker room punching the punching bag when Finn walked in...

"You tried to kiss her? Major Glee party foul, dude." Finn tells him.

Sam punched the bag, and Finn put his hand on it.

"Look, I know I shouldn't have. She was just sending me these vibes."

"Ashleigh isn't that sort of girl, Sam." Finn says.

"Yeah, you didn't see the eyes she was giving me."

With Rachel, she walked into the bathroom, finding Ashleigh doing her makeup...

"Hey, Ash, can we talk?"

"Depends. What do you want to talk about?" Ashleigh asked.

"About Sam. I heard you backed out of doing a duet with him. Come on, Ashleigh. You're the best, and so is he..."

Back with Sam and Finn...

"Maybe it's for the best, she backed out. Don't beat my ass, please? I mean, we didn't even kiss." Said Sam.

"Did you want to?"

Sam tilted his head.

"Yeah." Said Sam.

"Dude, this isn't about dating. It's about you singing with Ashleigh to raise your musical rep in the group."

Back with Rachel and Ashleigh...

"I know your reputation means more to you than I do..." Rachel said.

"That isn't true, Rachel."

"Then sing with Sam." Said Rachel.

"Why? It won't change anything."

"But winning the competition will. And partnering with Sam is really your only shot at it." Said Rachel.

"I think I'm perfectly capable of winning this on my own. So thank you, but no, thanks."

"Ashleigh, come on. Just sing with the guy." Rachel tells her.

"What's your angle?"

"Angle?" Rachel asked.

"What's your angle? Obviously, me winning means you losing. You'll do whatever it takes to make sure I don't win. So if I sing with Sam, what do you get out of it?"

"I agree. Okay? You have every chance at winning this, Ashleigh. I mean, you're gonna be the one to beat Vocal Adrenaline."

Back with Finn and Sam...

"I'm not saying you two will win, but there's a good chance, but I'm just saying that... even coming in second would go a long way with the rest of the team." Finn tells him.

Later, Ashleigh walked down the hallway, and Sam ran over to her...

"Hey. Listen, I was totally out of line with you. I promise, I won't ever try kissing you again. Though you might have to wear sunglasses whenever we're together." He said.

"Good. We're gonna to spend a lot of time together practicing, aren't we?"

"Wait, does that mean you wanna do the duet with me?" He asked, arching a brow.

"Yeah, and I'm choosing the song. And we're gonna win this competition, and then we're gonna go to Breadstix."

"That's fine." He said, smiling at her softly.

She walked away, and he followed her. Rachel and Finn came out of the shadows and fist-pumped each other.

 Rachel and Finn came out of the shadows and fist-pumped each other