Sixteen: Original Song.

With the Warblers, they were all looking through pieces of paper when Mason opened the door and began singing...

"Hey, regionals, you've just met our opening number." Mason said.

The Warblers cheered and began leaving, and Mason turned, hearing someone clapping.

"That was really good." Ashleigh says.

"Hi! But... you can't be here, not this week." Mason mumbled, walking over to her.

"But you're not gonna win with that song." Ashleigh tells him.

"Oh, charming, Ash. Appreciated." Said Mason.

"I'm being serious; it was good, but it wasn't amazing. It comes from a place of caring. Kurt, you've been there and done that. Why haven't you told him?" Ashleigh asked, looking around at Mason and staring at Kurt.

Kurt shrugged, walking away with his bird.

"What are you suggesting?"

"You're amazing, Mason; obviously you really are. Your voice is breathtaking." She says.

"Mm, why don't you do a song with me then, like right now?"

"Oh, I can't... as much as I would love to, Mr. Schue is insisting I don't use my voice until regionals. Anyway, off-topic, why don't you and Kurt do a duet?" She asked.

"Oh, I see, he thinks because we're dating that... did he put you up to this? And the council decides who gets the solos. Is he jealous?"

"I think he's hiding a lot of jealousy. I mean, sometimes I imagine him feeling like he isn't a Warbler, more like maybe The Mason Show." She tells him.

Quinn was standing by the wall, listening to their conversation.

Quinn's Voice-Over: "Sometimes I worry Ashleigh's spilling all our secrets to Mason... I mean, I get it, she's pretty and beautiful, but why would you wanna date someone who you were supposed to be against?"

 I mean, I get it, she's pretty and beautiful, but why would you wanna date someone who you were supposed to be against?"

Later, Ashleigh walked into a room where Kurt was whistling at the bird...

"Um... Kurt, I think Pavarotti may have just died." She tells him.

With Mason, he was speaking to the council...

"Warblers, Warblers, I am merely suggesting... that instead of wearing blue ties with red piping, we wear jackets with red ties and blue piping for the competition." Said Mason.

"This is a kangaroo court!"