Chapter 17: Tsuzumi Mansion

Left by Saitama.... Tanjiro and the tired Zenitsu continue to walk their way to their destination for a few miles.

"Aaaargh..." Tired noise of Zenitsu while walking.

Tanjiro's eyebrow raises as he says "Huh? We just walk a few miles and now you are tired?"

"To think the place to southeast is far away and on second thought, I'm not gonna make it" says the complaining Zenitsu

"Stop complaining, people's life is at risks, we need to save people at all cost!" Tanjiro in strict tone while walking faster

Zenitsu makes a whining noise while saying "But the baldy made it first, maybe he already did the--"

"No! We shouldn't rely to mister Saitama, first of all he is still not a member of the demon slayer corps, if we let him do the job, it will be shameful for us for doing nothing!" Tanjiro making a stern look to Zenitsu while being disappointed.

Zenitsu sighed while whining "Ugh, fine."

Both continue to walk their way until they see a mansion at the distance.

"What's that?" Says the curious Zenitsu.

Tanjiro's eyes narrow a little as he is observing the mansion.

Tanjiro then says in unsure tone "maybe someone's home? I'm not sure but we need to see for ourselves"

Tanjiro and Zenitsu continue to walk their way until they observe at the mansion while distancing themselves.

"Oh my....this place looks scary...!" Zenitsu in scared and shaky tone

Tanjiro sighed in annoyance at Zenitsu's behavior as he says "are you really a demon slayer? Why are you acting so scaredy, you have a sword and you are wearing a uniform"

Zenitsu trembles as he slowly looks at Tanjiro with a teary expression "y-you don't really know about me?? I was just...um...erm..." He hesitates.

Tanjiro crosses his arm as he says "what?"

Zenitsu sighed as he says in sad tone "I just follow the path on what my adopted grandfather says to me...it's not just I am scared..I don't have enough confidence to face my opponents..."