Chapter 18: The Boarhead and the sleeping slayer

Staring at the mansion, Tanjiro can't help but to feel angry seeing a dead body of a man thrown at the window

Tanjiro walks at the entrance, opening the door while looking back at Saitama "I will go inside, please protect them mister Saitama.." he smile before going inside.

"Yeah, take care" Saitama in worried tone.

Saitama sighed deeply as he crosses his arms, he looks at the shivering Zenitsu who is hesitating to enter inside "so are you gonna enter or what?" In doubtful tone

Zenitsu sighed while looking down, he looks at his trembling hands while saying "I got no choice, I need to help Tanjiro in eliminating the demons, but I hope I can get out alive" his eyes become watery again.

Saitama literally feel pity from Zenitsu. He touches Zenitsu's shoulder while saying in assuring tone "don't worry, I am here for you as a support, so don't be scared to fight"

Zenitsu smiles while looking down, he acts brave and confident as he says "alright! I'm fueled up!" While marching towards the entrance.

As soon as he step inside the entrance, he suddenly got chills that his skin hair stands

"Kyaaaahh!!" He screams and goes back to Saitama, hiding behind his back while saying "I-I can't do it, damn it!"

Saitama shiver in irritation as he says "alright! I'll be at your place! Now protect these kids while I patrol inside!" Saitama then walks inside the entrance while muttering under his breath

Shoichi and Teruko makes a disappointed look to Zenitsu as they say "Are we gonna be safe with you?" in uninterested tone.

"Wahh! Why are you both making me look like a useless guy! Or perhaps I am....?" He paused and then sobs as he realized he is useless, for now.

The thing is...Zenitsu is not useless, his obstacle was fear but actually he is a strong demon slayer and a gifted user of "Thunder Breathing", he just didn't trust his own self and his abilities in slaying demons.

The reason why he survive in the final Selection is because he slay demons during his unconscious state, he is a speedster demon slayer that can kill demons in a blink of an eye, but once he overcome his fear and become brave offering his life, he will become an unstoppable force with the best potential waiting for him at the top of the staircase. Zenitsu just didn't realized that he is strong, and also didn't realize he slay demons during his sleep.