Chapter III- Apples and Jewelry

"Hey Angie!" Valentino said when Angel picked up the phone. "I have a job for you.". "Ugh what is it?" Angel asked. "So it's a new porn set! So you are gonna meet this guy on a..." Valentino rambled. Angel put himself on mute and walked into the lobby. Vaggie and Charlie, not even ready yet, we're laughing and making tea together behind the bar (the only kitchen they had). Angel called Vaggie over. "So Val needs me to come in today. But also isn't it Charlie's birthday?". "Yeah? It is. What are you getting at?" Vaggie asked. " we need to do something good for her! I can even try to get her dad in on it too! She has done so much good for us! We need to do something in tur-" "I second that!" Husk interrupted. "Charlie deserves a good birthday. Here," Husk rested his elbow on Angel, like a wall,"Angel and I will go out and get something good for Charlie!". "That sounds great!" Vaggie said "you have until 7. I'll keep Charlie occupied."

Angel unmuted himself,"hey Val, we can still do this set but I have an emergency. Can I do this after 12?". "An emergency? What could be more important?" Valentino said angrily. Husk walked closer to Angel and silently put his hand on Angels shoulder. "Yes. It's a bit embarrassing.." "you know what Angie? You have been good lately.. I'll let you off til midnight!" Valentino said, and then hung up. Angel smiled and looked at Husk. "Come on let's go!".

Angel and Husk went to the Jewelry shop down the street to find Charlie a necklace or headband. Maybe even a bracelet. Angel and Husk browsed and Husks eyes landed on a white chain necklace with a Pearl on the end. "Hey angel!" Husk called "check this out!". Angel walked over and looked at the necklace. "You really think that that's her coloring? That is totally not her color-" "no not for Charlie! This would look good on you!" Husk said. Angel blushed a little and immediately changed the subject. "Did I hit a sore spot? Sorry if I did." Husk said with less enthusiasm. "Oh no you didn't! I just...you don't..really think that though." Angel replied. "No I really do! I know that Valentino warped your sense of affection.. and that's okay. Ill help you with that." Husk said gently. Angel smiled a warm smile and nodded.

The two continued to browse the store. Although they could not find anything for Charlie. Husk was looking at a necklace with a beautiful apple made out of ruby hanging on a silver chain. Meanwhile, Angel was looking around on the upper shelves and- "Oh!" Angel exclaimed as he looked down "sorry husk!" He said a little quieter and gentler. "It's okay." Husk said dully. "That's a pretty necklace!" Angel said with excitement. "Really?" Husk remarked "I was gonna put it back.". "Oh! N-n-n-no! There are apples fuckin EVERYWHERE in the hotel. Also Lucifer seems to fancy them himself. We could say that it's a gift to remind her of her dad.." Angel said, not looking up from the necklace. Husk looked over at Angel as he spoke. His pupils widened a little at Angels' determination to get Charlie a gift that he seemingly didn't care about. Angel blinked and looked over at Husk, who was staring in awe. Angel blushed and quickly spouted out "CAUSE..YKNOW.. She never gets to see her dad?". Husk snapped out of it and sneezed. "Y-yeah! Yeah that's perfect!".

Angel and Husk walked to the counter with the necklace to check it out. They bought it and walked out of the store. As Angel started to walk off, Husk froze and his ears perked. "OH! YEAH.. *ahem*.. I forgot my..w-wallet in the store. Wait for me!". Angel gave him a confused glance back and stood as Husk ran back to the store. Angel chuckled to himself and leaned against the wall with a smile. Husk didn't have a wallet.

Husk came back and joined Angel on the sidewalk. They walked back to the Hotel together. When they walked in, Vaggie ran up to them. "GUYS!". "What?" Angel replied. "CHARLIE THINKS THAT WE FORGOT HER BIRTHDAY AND IS HAVING A MENTAL BREAKDOWN!! GO COMFORT HER!!!" Vaggie yelled. "Aren't you her girlfriend?" Husk countered. "ESE NO ES EL PUNTO!! (That is not the point). GO!" Vaggie screamed and pushed Husk and Angel in the hotel. They walked to Charlie's room.

KNOCK KNOCK

"Go away!" Charlie yelped
"Wer-!" Husk interrupted Angel,"please let us in?"
"O-okay.."
Husk triumphantly smiled at Angel and walked in. Angel followed.
"We got something for you!"
Charlie gasped "YOU TWO ARE GETTING ALONG :D"
"Yea?" Angel replied
"Okay—continue!"
"Well we got you a good gift." Husk said.
He pulled out a little box with the apple necklace and handed it to Charlie. She opened it and smiled from ear to ear. She looked up at the two..almost giggling.
"Yknow.. to remind you of your dad." Angel followed up.
"THANKYOUTHANKYOUTHANKYOU!!!!" Charlie yelled.

Vaggie called the three down to the lobby where nifty and Alastor were waiting for them to throw a party.

But

On the way to the party, husk dropped off a bag in his room.