Chapter VI pt 3 - Breakdown

"GO GO GO!!" Angel yelped as he ran as fast as he could. "IM GOIN AS FAST AS I CAN!" Husk yelled back. He was falling behind. "YOUR LEGS ARE JUST SO DAMN LONG!". "IM A FUCKIN SPIDER DUMBASS!" Angel replied. Angel looked to his left and saw an alley. He recognized it as Val took him through that alley once to meet for a drug deal. There was a shortcut through that alley that Cherri showed him. He connected the dots and snatched Husk's hand from behind him and pulled him into the alley. "THE FU-" Husk began to shout out but then angel's second set of arms covered Husk's mouth. Angel shushed Husk and dragged him through the shortcut.

Once the two reached the hotel, they swooped open the door. They ran in and closed it behind them. "HOLY SHIT!" Angel said, chuckling,"YOU REALLY DID IT! HES DEAD!!". Husk's grin fell into a frown. "Well.." Husk stammered,"I only shot him in the arm.". Angels pupils shrank into tiny dots. He loosened and sled down the wall into the fetal position. Husk looked down to Angel. He knelt down next to him and put his hand on the other demons' back. "I tried." Husk mumbled. Angel rested his head on his knees and started to cry. Husk sat down and gently rubbed Angel's back.

Vaggie walked through the lobby and laid eyes on Husk and Angel. She stopped and then ran up to Charlie. Charlie ran down the stairs and to the scene. "Angel!" She gingerly cried,"Husk, what happened??". "I'll tell ya later." Husk said. "Do you want anything?" Charlie said with a smile. "Yea! Yea I do actually!" Angel said with a crazed smile, looking at Charlie now,"I want Valentino fucking DEAD!". Charlie flinched back a little and nodded silently.

The demons sat there for what felt like an eternity as Angel Dust cried his pain away. While Husk loved Angel.. he couldn't sit at the door for a second longer. His bones were getting stiff. "So..Angie," Husk said, trying to cheer Angel up a little, "How's about I take you to my room, I make a cup of hot chocolate, and chill?". Angel sniffled and looked up from his sulking. "You mean it?". Husk nodded. Angel swallowed his tears and stood up, heading to Husk's room.

While Husk prepared the hot cocoa at the bar, Angel laid on Husk's bed. Now that he thought about it, he couldn't stop thinking about Husk. He stayed with Angel through the ups and downs, he was willing to sacrifice himself to kill Valentino for him, Husk supported him in silence while he cried. Husk was really there for Angel.
CCCRRREEEEAAAKKK
"Here you go!" Husk said as he handed hot cocoa to Angel. "Thanks," Angel said weakly. Husk sat down next to Angel on the bed. He reached over the spider and for the remote on the bedside table. Husk surfed the channels on the TV and eventually reached 666 News. "You really wanna watch this depressin' shit?" Angel said with a yawn. "Well sometimes they have good things?" Husk replied. Turns out..they did not have anything good on. Husk gave up and turned off the tv. When he looked over onto his side, he saw Angel, asleep. Husk smiled to himself. He put the remote down on the bedside table gently, as to not wake Angel Dust up. He reached his hand back. He turned over onto his side, where he was facing Angel. He looked into his sleeping eyes in awe. He smiled to himself and closed his eyes, satisfied with everything. He had never been this comfortable with anything and everything in years, basically since he was alive.

~~~~~~~~TIMESKIP: MORNING!~~~~~~~~~

Husk woke up, being suffocated by something. He yanked his head up and out of whatever was suffocating him. He looked over onto his side and saw Angel, with his bottom set of arms wrapped around Husk's waist and his top half, around Husk's head. Husk quietly chuckled and carefully slid out of the bed and onto his feet. He put on his slippers and gently crept to the door and out of the room. He safely made it to the end of the hallway before he heard a shriek of terror coming from his own room. He ran back and saw Angel in distress on the bed, about to call somebody on the hotel phone. "Angel what the fuck are you doing?" Husk asked as he walked in the room. Angel gasped and ran up to Husk.
"HUSK! Oh my god is this you? Is it actually you?" Angel frantically said as he inspected Husk's face. "Yep. It's me" Husk stated flatly. "Don't scare me like that!" Angel cried. "What do you mean??" Husk asked, even more confused. "Val could have broken in and taken you or killed you or taken me somewhere fake or some crazy manipulative shit. I don't want him to hurt you!" Angel said, resting his hand on Husk's cheek. "I'm fine, Dust" Husk said, chuckling a little. Angel let go of Husk's face and Husk walked back out into the hallway.

As Husk walked out, Angel Dust blushed and smiled to himself as he stared longingly out the door. He quickly and quietly walked out of Husk's room and went to his room to grab Fat Nuggets. Angel scooped up the hellpig and took him to Husk's room. Angel sat back down on the bed, with Fat Nuggets at his side. Husk walked back into the room, closing the door behind him. He was carrying two coffee mugs. "Here" Husk said as he hanged Angel a coffee mug. "Oh!" Angel said, his pupils dilated into two big dots, "Thanks!". Husk smiled and nodded. He sat down next to Angel.

"Y'know," Angel started, breaking the silence, "I'm kinda gettin used to this!". "What do you mean?" Husk inquired. "Your room!" Angel continued. Husk's face turned beet red. He immediately took a long sip of his smoldering coffee. "Hey! Careful you'll burn yourself!" Angel said, reaching out his arms to take the cup down from Husk's face, revealing Husk's beet red face. Angel giggled. Then suddenly
BOOM! CRASH!
"Oh shit!" Angel said as he stood up. He ran to his room, picking up Fat Nuggets on the way. He dropped Fat Nuggets in his room and picked up the bat from his closet.

He cautiously walked out into the hallway, bat in hand. "SHOW YOURSELF ASSHOLE!!" He shouted. Husk jumped out from in front of him "shhh!" He whispered. The two tip toed down the hallway. They made it to the lobby, where Alastor was watching as Nifty distracted Valentino, who was several inches away from a giant hole in the wall. "Oh! Angie!" Valentino said, interrupting Nifty. Valentino sped away from Nifty and to Angel. He picked Angel up by the collar. "YOU THINK YOU CAN GET AWAY WITH THAT LITTLE STUNT YOUR FRIEND PULLED OFF OVER THERE?" Usually, Angel would say some snarky, horny remark back, but this time, he was frozen. "Back. The fuck. Up." Husk said, holding the cards that he always has on him. "Oh-ho-ho! Look at the little RUNT who thought he could get away with shooting me!" Valentino said psychotically.Alastor tilted his head and glitched out of his spot. "Oh-ho-ho I can!" Husk snarled back. Husk lunged at Valentino, tackling him to the ground. Angel ran out of Valentino's grasp and started beating Val with the bat. Alastor glitched in front of Angel. He shoved Angel in the face and away from Valentino. "Husker." He eerily called. Husk looked up from his attack and looked at Alastor, his ears dropped. "I'll handle him." Alastor stated. Husk slowly walked away from Val and in front of Angel, who was frozen in a corner.

Alastor proceeded to 'deal' with Valentino. Summoning black vines to strangle Valentino, holding him up in the air. "Now you don't mess with MY property." Alastor said with a big grin on his face. Valentino scurried out of the hotel without saying a word. "Now, Husker." He said, turning to face the two. "Let's have a talk" he said. Husk silently nodded and walked to Alastor. Angel ran into Husk's room and laid on the bed. In tears, he hugged the sheets, drifting in and out of sleep.

————————————————————

"Now Husker," Alastor said with a smile, "what makes YOU think that you can shoot and almost KILL one of the Vees?". Husk froze in place. "Do I need to remind you of your place?" Alastor sinisterly said. He summoned the green chain that held the two together. "You are below me. Do not try a stunt like that ever again." Alastor stated, more threateningly now. Husk nodded as he looked up at the red demon. "Then we're settled!" Alastor said, his charming demeanor immediately picking back up. Husk ran out of the hallway and to his room, closing the door behind him. As he walked in he heard the faint sound of....crying?