Chapter VI pt 4 - Cloudy Future

Husk ran out of the hallway and to his room, closing the door behind him. As he walked in he heard the faint sound of....crying? He took another gentle step into his room, and saw Angel. He was huddled up in a ball, his knees up to his face. As he was crying, he would snap and twitch in different directions. "Hey..!" Husk said gingerly as he neared Angel. "What's up?". No response, just sniffles. "Val right?" Husk continued, seemingly having a conversation with himself. "Y'know, there's no escaping that son of a bitch...I think you know that already...but, I will admit something!". Angel turned his head a little, just so that Husk could see Angel's eyes, longing for him to continue. "No matter what I do, I can't stop Valentino from hurting you. This is a battle you have to fight.". Angels eyes grew smaller and he scrunched back down into his fetal position. Husk frowned. "I know, Legs......I know.....". He rested his head on Angel's side.

Angel took a deep breath in and gained his composure. "So.." Angel started, "how do you plan on getting out of your leash?". "Same as you!" Husk chuckled. "Huh?" Angel said, visibly confused. "Don't really got one. Just hopin' and bribin people. I would never try to take down the radio demon myself though." Husk stated. "What if I killed him?" Angel asked, getting more serious. "Sorry Angie..." Husk said quickly, "we cant. He is helping Charlie. Hell! Just by bein here, we're helping Charlie. We're all working towards the same goal. Charlie would be devastated." Angel looked down and nodded in understanding.

The two sat there, in solemn silence, wallowing in their grief. But...they were together. That is what mattered. As Husk was resting his head on Angel's chest, with his eyes closed, Angel looked up at the tattered and stained walls, the off white, peeling wallpaper, the popcorn ceiling, and then down at Husk's sleeping face. Angel smiled to himself. He gently sat up, still not waking up Husk, and kissed him gently on the head. He reached over to the bedside table next to him and started channel surfing, turning the volume up and down occasionally to not wake up Husk. Angel found a good channel and gently held husk by the shoulders and gingerly dragged him a bit more up and back, following Angel as the two scorched back onto a pillow behind them. Angel rested his head on Husk's shoulders and fell asleep, with a smile.

~~~~~~~~IN ANGEL'S DREAM~~~~~~~~~~

Angel was on a cloud. He sat up and saw some cards on another cloud, close to him. As he examined the endless blue void below him, he noticed a small, clear teather holding the clouds together. He pulled on the teather and grabbed the cards off of the cloud. As he was browsing through the cards, the cloud he was sitting on suddenly dropped him. All of a sudden, the cards were flying down through the air as Angel fell from the cloud. He landed on a pink platform, with flashing lights and eyes surrounding it. He stood up weakly and tried to walk off of the platform, but the platform was lowering as he stood up. It lowered and lowered until Angel took a jump off of the platform. He found himself falling again and he fell into a black void this time. He fell for what felt like hours. He reached the end and found a portal-looking circle that lead to the cloud, reconstructed. Then he woke up.