Batman:

Batman: Plague of Shadows: (Male Reader Insert)

Backstory:
Your name is (Y/N) (L/N), your just a kid living in France.

However, you are a bit of a strange kid, at least by societal standards.

You were always interested in strange and macab stuff, you'd touch dead animals with your bare hands, trying to figure out how they died.

You loved figuring things out and studying biology and other subjects to a creepy extent.

Because of this you were bullied in class rather frequently and to top it all, both your parents kept trying to change you.

They wanted you to be in their own words "normal."

They took you to therapy which did nothing, because you knew there was nothing wrong with you.

At one point they even tried giving you medication which you rejected.

You grew up despising your parents because of this and soon the consequences of their actions would come to bite them.

You always loved chemistry class as well, some would say a little too much.

Mixing chemicals, creating a reaction and experimenting with said chemicals gave you a high greater than any drug.

You'd often end up disobeying the chemistry teacher and doing your own thing and you wouldn't allow them to stop you.

At one point an experiment you were performing went horribly wrong and you ended up getting your face burned.

After some time in the hospital, your parents hoped this would teach you to stop acting like...yourself.

Unfortunately for them, you didn't change one bit, mistakes were part of learning and what didn't kill you made you stronger right?

Yeah, you were still you, unfortunately though your burnt face led to even more bullying.

One day while your parents were out you ended up stumbling upon a secret room.

A room filled with old books, chemical equipment, artifacts and other oddities.

You were amazed, it was like your dream room.

It was there you found a journal, written by a man named Nicholas Flamel.

Yes, the famous Alchemist who was said to have created the Philosopher's stone.

This truly was a dream come true, all the books you could read were here, equipment to try experimentation and much more.

You were curious as to why your parents kept this room a secret, but knew if you asked they'd probably forbid you from coming back.

So before you left you put everything exactly back where it was and made it look like you never found the room.

And for a while things were good, you didn't even mind the bullying and mistreatment from your parents.