Catnap x reader

[This one-shot takes place before the events of the Hour of Joy]

Another day another dollar.. You let out a sigh as you walked to the crying kid in the hallway. He looked at you, wiping his tears. His clothes were tourn and tattered, almost as if he'd gotten attacked by a large animal.

His name was Toby, though you and his friends call him Tobe.. It was normal to see him crying in the hallway in the middle of the night. He always completed that catnap was watching him.

You sat down next to him, as you've done every night for about 3 years. 'Catnap?' You asked him. He nodded. Of course it's that feline. You picked up the poor boy, laying him in you lap. He looked at you expectedly. You gave him a genuine smile before singing him a lalaby.

He soon fell asleep, causing you to smile at his resting form. Your smile fell into a frown when you looked at his tattered clothes. The first time you'd seen them like that you were panicking. You had thought catnap had hurt him. But catnap was only doing his job.

You let out a sigh as you got up and carried Toby back to home sweet home. When you entered Catnap greeted you. Of course he didn't say anything.. He never did. He just stood there staring at you.

You placed Toby in his bed, then turned to look at the cat. When you two locked eye contact, the feline quickly looked away from you. 'You keep ruining his clothes, you know.' You stated, breaking the silence. He glanced at you, still not saying anything.

You sighed again, as you begin to walk out of the room. Apon reaching the door, you felt slightly large paw on your shoulder. You turned around, seeing catnap in a somewhat smaller form than his usual huge one.

'What?' You asked, causing him to pull you into a hug. This caught you off guard but you eventually hugged him back. This hug eventually turned into a cuddle session, with catnap laying on top of you.. And yes, he was purring.

You giggled as you pet his head, as one would do to a real cat. Eventually you both had fell asleep, and the children woke up with a reason to smile the next morning.