10

"I know, I thought that was pretty funny too." He chuckled once more as I literally couldn't believe this guy was serious.

"What do you even do? Like in order to afford paintings like that?" I inquired, trying to avert the topic away from me.

"I'm a surgeon. That's really all there is to it." Niki gave a blunt reply, leaning on his car, which of course, had to be flashy and expensive too, "You're pretty rich yourself too, people spend fortunes on your paintings."

I shot my head to look at him, that beating in my heart pacing up faster again.

"My paintings? What? What are you even talking about?" I gave a few chuckles, trying to play it off.

Okay, I know he's a surgeon, and I know that in order to be a surgeon, you have to be insanely smart, but still. I could give it a chance and attempt to deceive him.

Or just embarrass me even more.

He looked over at me, a small, smug smile on the corner of his lips as he stared into my eyes intently.

"Not your paintings, you're saying?" He tilt his head slightly to the side, still looking at me as if he could read everything from me.

"No, not mine, my brother is an artist." I swallowed hard, still staring into his eyes in order to try and maybe convince him a little more.

"Oh yeah?" Niki responded with such a tone that I couldn't even understand the feeling that grasped me after he said that.

Damn, now it really felt like cheating.

I just looked at him in silence for a second or two, up until a voice cut the tension between us.

"Mei!" Min-kyu's voice shouted from nearby, he quickly came up to me, looking at Niki up and down and then looking at me.

"Oh, hey, I thought you said you couldn't make it." I looked up at him, a little confused and maybe even a little disappointed that he was here.

"Yeah, I know, but like - I don't know, it doesn't matter, anyways. Who's this? What's going on?" Min-kyu immediately pestered me with questions, jealousy radiating from him.

Niki was still calmly leant on his car, completely unbothered and even pulling his phone out and scrolling on there for a bit.

"Nothing, I'm just talking to someone from the exhibition." I responded, and Min-kyu's face was priceless.

He stared at me, with almost a glare of fury and annoyance.

"Exhibition? You were there? Like this??" He choked out a bitter chuckle, shaking his head in disapproval.

"What do you even mean?" I frowned, wondering what the fuck was bothering him now.

"What the hell do you think I mean?!" His tone raised higher, completely out of the blue, and normally he'd never raise his tone towards me.

Niki raised a brow, sliding his phone back into his pocket and watching what was going on.

"You know, shouting at your girlfriend isn't a good look." Niki casually intruded, adding his input into the conversation.

Min-kyu turned his head sharply to gaze over at Niki. He let out a breathy, quick scorn at him.

"Don't fucking talk in situations that don't involve you." Min-kyu retort back, grabbing me by the wrist and dragging me away from him with urgency.

As we became further and further away, he began his antics again.

"I told you, you need to cover your fucking face. People will know you. Why the fuck do you never listen to me?!" Min-kyu yelled, getting overly exasperated for no reason.

"Are you yelling at me right now?" I couldn't fathom what the hell was going on, he was beginning to get aggressive towards me for not following by his stupid rules.

"Clearly when I say it to you normally, you don't understand, so I have to get it through your fucking head somehow." He pressed my forehead with his index finger forcefully.

I swat his hand away from me, utterly speechless at his actions right now. I don't think he's ever been this mental.

"You have some goddamn issues." I shook my head, not even able to recognise him anymore. I attempted to walk away, back towards my car so I could go home peacefully without some guy screaming in my ear about hiding my identity.

But, he grabbed my wrist again, pulling me back towards him so that I couldn't walk away.

"I don't want to see you out here like this again, make it the last time." Min-kyu stared at me furiously, his eyes spoke volumes on how irritated he was right now.

"Min-kyu, you're not my fucking boss." I pulled my arm off his grip, storming off and heading towards my car.

There was no way that this guy was going to act like this towards me. I angrily walked back towards the car park, where Niki's car was. To my surprise, he was still leant on his car, on his phone.

This guy definitely watched the whole scene go down.

"You should probably burn that polaroid picture." He gave a short laugh as I stopped, glaring at him finding himself funny once again.

"I will put a dent in your car." I spoke back, heading in the direction of my car.