39

Niki looked at me, unsure of what to even say or do in this scenario. I didn't even know what to do either.

"Do you wanna go?" He asked me, and I pressed my lips together, unsure if I really wanted to go.

"Will you be mad at me if I say yes?" I didn't want to upset him, so I had to make sure first.

Niki gave a chuckle, interlocking his hand with mine as we sat in the car.

"Are you kidding me? No, but I'm going to go there with you because I don't trust that fucker for a second." Niki grinned, and I smiled at him, damn I really did get lucky.

So, we ended up heading over to Min-kyu's house to really close off the day, it was weird, coming back over here.

I looked at Niki, a little uneasy. He put his hand on my head, caressing my head for a little bit.

"Don't worry, the best man in the world is here." He once again, complimented his own self in such a self-loving tone, to which I just giggled at him as we walked up to his door.

Before we could knock, the door opened itself.

Niki took his phone out of his pocket, pressing something and sliding it back into his pocket.

"Mei! .. And Niki, come in guys, quick, please." He didn't seem to mad over Niki being here, which I was glad.

We came in, sitting down on his couch and waiting for him to say whatever he wanted me here for.

"Alright, I know you two hate the living shit out of me, and it's gonna make things worse when I say what I called you here for, but I just want to apologise foremost." Min-kyu gave a groan mixed with a sigh, rubbing his face as he paced back and forth.

"Yeah, alright." Niki gave a cold reply, Min-kyu stopped pacing around his room, and he stood facing us.

"You know how the museum was broken into right? And all the paintings were destroyed, yours were stolen." Min-kyu began talking, and Niki glanced over at me as I just stared Min-kyu dead in the eyes.

"Of course." I crossed my arms, giving a plain, monotone reply.

"I believe I have had something to do with it." He gave an exasperated groan, as if he wasn't sure he was involved in this.

"What? What do you mean?? You said you didn't." I sat up, and Niki didn't budge, he just glared at him, his hands locked together.

"I know, I know it sounds bad when I say it like that, but listen." His voice was shaky, and to be honest, I've never seen Min-kyu sound so stressed before, "Shit man, this is just gonna ruin me."

"Just say it." I gave a sigh, feeling a little bit bad for him, I couldn't help it despite the shit he's done to me.

"Listen so, Boyoung asked me to help her one day, and I asked what it was she needed help with. And obviously I knew she works at the art gallery so I had no suspicion of something like this happening - she asked if I could help move paintings out of the gallery so that new ones could be brought in." Min-kyu started explaining, it seemed like realisation had got to him and he realised that Boyoung's intentions were not pure at all.

My jaw dropped lightly, hearing this news was shocking to me although I already had a few thoughts on suspects and motifs.

"How come some other paintings were destroyed?" I inquired, wondering how this would've worked.

"Listen, I don't know, Boyoung just said it was some theme they were doing. I don't know Mei, I just had orders and I did them - she paid me for this so I assumed it was okay. I honestly didn't know they were gonna be used like this." Min-kyu was having a serious mental breakdown over this, still pacing back and forth.

"You're fucked." Niki simply stated, so calmly yet coldly.

"I know, shit man, I honestly didn't know until I saw the news. Please Mei, I didn't mean to do it with intent of hurting you or others." He was pleading, I saw the desperacy in his eyes, and all I did was give a deep sigh.

"Min-kyu, you know your name is gonna be mentioned in this case regardless if I say it or not." I told him, okay, I wasn't actually sure what to do now. I do feel bad for him in a way.

"I know that, I do, but could you just do me a favour and just, try and at least to lessen my charge? I seriously didn't know anything." Min-kyu sat down finally, tapping his leg as he stared at the two of us, pleading eyes.

I looked over at Niki, who just stared at me with a smile.

"Don't look at me, I don't mind what you do, let's just get Boyoung though." Niki chuckled, his face softening slowly.