33

AN HOUR LATER

I sat in my studio, trying to paint the bitter feeling away, but even when I tried to paint a single stroke, I just couldn't.

My phone pinged.

niki: are you up?

niki: open the door

niki: im going to break in

mei: im busy

I sighed, putting my phone back down on my lap and trying to paint again, I slashed the paintbrush against the white canvas, and then my phone pinged again.

niki: dont care

niki: open it

I gave a small groan, sitting up from my canvas and heading downstairs. I opened the door, and as expected, he was there, waiting for me with such a worried look on his face you probably could've assumed that I had been kidnapped or something.

"What do you need." I stared at him, his face just made my heart beat faster.

"Come on, resolve this like actual adults Mei." He sighed, just so desperate to speak to me.

"I've not said anything childish." I replied bitterly with.

A smile caressed his face, he looked to the side and then back at me.

"You're avoiding me, since when have you ever willingly avoided me?" Niki didn't seem mad at all, he gave a smirk as I rolled my eyes.

"Are we done here?" I began to shut the door, he grabbed the door, holding it back open.

He took a deep breath in, welcoming himself in. He walked in with such authority, I stood back, wondering what the hell he was doing.

"No, we are not done here." His tone of voice deepened once more, he turned around, his sharp eyes meeting mine.

Okay, should I be worried now?

"Seriously, what are you here for?" I folded my arms, trying to keep my walls up high.

"You."

I rolled my eyes, groaning at his stupid comment. He leant against the wall, facing me as I sat on the arm of my sofa, there was a little bit of silence between the two of us.

I looked to the ground, not really sure what to do or where to look.

"I'm not intentionally hurting you, It's the last thing I'd ever do Mei." Niki broke the silence, and I looked up at him, his eyes gazing into mine, "I tried showing you Mei, I didn't understand how you couldn't tell."

"Tried showing me what? Literally what?" I grew slightly agitated, wishing he'd just tell me what I wanted to know.

"That you're different to me. You think the usual thing for me is to just go up to anyone and kiss them? You think that I let just absolutely anybody come into my house and sleep in my room for the night?" He too, seemed a little frustrated.

I pressed my lips together, feeling a bit stupid now that he's said it.

"Well, no but Boyoung-"

"Boyoung?? Boyoung???? I was pleading you to come with me, and you should know me, I don't plead at all, I asked you, twice, three times, maybe even more, to come with, to not leave me alone. And you couldn't deduce from that, that I didn't want to be alone with Boyoung?" Niki seemed to have a lot of this pent up annoyance.

"No, but it seemed like you were joking around with me. You seemed to have a good time with her, even won her a plushie from that stupid arcade date." I rolled my eyes as a sour chuckle emit from Niki's lips.

"I could give you all of the plushies you want, I did it out of basic decency, she said she wanted one, so the only thing I could do was give her one. What she posts was nothing to do with me." He explained, and now I felt like a complete idiot, I didn't have anything to say to that.

"Alright.. well.. just from my perspective it seemed like you had really taken a liking to her, and it just confuses me when you go with her, laugh with her, give her things, and then suddenly kiss me out of nowhere." I looked back up at him as his jaw clenched.

"I was the one thinking that you didn't like me at all, you had me wondering whether it was Sunoo you liked, or maybe you still weren't over Min-kyu, or maybe you were seeing a different guy." Niki gave an exasperated sigh, "Everybody wants you Mei, you've seen it yourself, people think you're fucking beautiful. I wasn't sure if you were even into me."

I stood up, walking up to him and just looking up into his eyes. He had seemed to relieved himself of this built up frustration.

I put my hands on his cheeks, pulling him closer to me and joining our lips together. He immediately got the memo, kissing me with passion and longing. His hands trailed to my waist as he deepened the kiss, and after a short while, he pressed his forehead against mine, looking at me.

"Just fucking date me already." Niki muttered lowly, earning a chuckle from me.

"You didn't even need to say that." I replied, pulling him into another deep kiss.

--

dear lord finally they are dating LOL

hmmmmm ill probably update w/ new chapters later cause i really need to update the jake fic LOL so sorry i will def finish it one day....

anyways look how cute these custard cream bun things are from a bakery near my house LOL i literally love this place so much i want to buy the whole store

anywaaaaayssss update soon! love u all