41

to those who were patient with updates on this fic - i will kiss you irl

to those who werent - you make me want to shoot myself

enjoy!

A FEW WEEKS LATER

The days without Boyoung and her antics were rather smooth. The days passed by quickly, and every week or so, a new exhibition offer, or a showcase offer, or sponsor, and so on were awarded to me.

At this rate, international headlines with my name were circling around the globe. Now that felt surreal.

Niki was proud to say the least, he was excited, my number one fanboy even. He proudly told everybody about me, and how he was my boyfriend, and how he owned many of my paintings.

That guy had no shame.

I heard his car park to the side of my house, his car was real fucking loud, even at six in the morning, I could hear him speed off to work.

The door opened, and then slammed shut. Ooh, I could tell he was just not in a good mood.

I hurried downstairs, wondering what this aura was about. He was certainly not impressed.

"What's going on?" I inquired softly, he was leant on the kitchen island, staring at his phone with such an angry expression.

I approached him, even though he blatantly ignored my question, and hugged him from behind. He gave a small sigh, placing his phone down and placing his hand over mine.

"Helloo? Niki? What's going on?" I pestered him again, and although it'd probably make him mad, I still continued.

"They need me abroad again." He gave an exasperated sigh, and my smile dropped lightly.

I had no issue with him going abroad - kind of - I mean, it'd be really lonely. Even when he's at work for hours a day, it gets lonely in this house.

And it became quite a shock to me how daunting it is being alone, despite the fact I always had lived alone, even with Min-kyu, I painted alone, slept alone, lived alone. On the occasion that sometimes I'd come over to his house or he'd to mine.

"What? Where?" I took my arms away from around him, looking up at him with a small pout.

"The States, for at least eight weeks they said." His words almost made me choke on thin air. Eight damn weeks? Holy shit, that's two whole months without him.

"Eight weeks? At least??" I could not believe what I was hearing, what the fuck was he doing that they needed him for two months?

"Yeah, it's some stem cell trial, I don't know exactly, but damn, it's long." He was also frustrated by the long time frame.

"Well.. I guess you have no choice but to go." I managed to let out a small chuckle, though it sounded a little pitiful. I stared to the ground, feeling a bit disappointed and empty.

"I can always stay, I'd hate to leave you alone for two months Mei." Niki glanced over to me, I could see in his eyes that he didn't want to go, but also didn't want to pass this offer down.

"Niki, trust me, I'll be fine, just go." I rubbed his forearm gently, with a faint smile on my face, covering up the utmost despair that I felt inside right now.

"Mei, don't be like this, I can seriously stay." He tried insisting, but I just gave a brief laugh.

"Niki, I love you, so just go, it'll be a good experience." I smiled, reassuring him that everything will be okay nonetheless.

"Are you sure? I'll miss you so damn much." Niki gave another sigh, looking down at the counter.

"Look at you being so romantic." I scoffed, finding him so cute, "Seriously, if you don't go, I'll go instead."

Niki looked up at me, a smile forming on his face. The atmosphere eased a lot.

"Wow, sounds like you'd leave me in an instant, I see. Guess I'll start packing now." He rolled his eyes jokingly, giving a chuckle as I followed him upstairs.

"Ugh, I can't believe they need you for at least eight weeks, not even exactly eight weeks, but at least." I still couldn't get over that, it was such a long time, god, how the hell am I gonna cope without seeing my hot surgeon boyfriend?

"I won't let them keep me for more than eight weeks, are you crazy? Eight weeks without seeing my fine ass girlfriend? Insane." Niki chuckled, opening the suitcase he was taking.

"Alright damn, stop talking because I might actually pack myself in there." I scoffed, crossing my arms as I watched him begin placing his clothes in his suitcase.