38

THE NEXT DAY

"Niki, I can't be bothered." I sighed, he was dragging me out of my bed forcefully. He pulled me over his back, forcing me to go downstairs.

"I don't care, come on, let's go out. You're being too sad." He dropped me on the couch, sitting beside me and placing my head on his lap.

He played with strands of my hair, then began poking me just so I would stop being so lazy. I finally sat up in an instant.

"Okay, fine, let's go." I agreed with him for once, and he gave a bright smile, following me upstairs like a puppy.

Seriously, even when I was trying to get changed, he was just there. I looked over to him, wondering whether he was going to leave or not.

Niki looked around, baffled. He then pointed to himself.

"You're asking me to leave??" Niki seemed astounded, he had a small smile on his face.

"Fine then, stay. It's not free though, pay up." I held my hand out as he chuckled, sat on the edge of my bed and then proceeding to lean back.

"Don't worry, you'll be spoilt enough today." He just observed me, a smile stained on his face. He always just looked at me like that, no matter what, those eyes and those lips.

So, I finally got changed, and the two of us head out. Niki had decided that for the sake of my sanity, we should go out and think about something other than who could have possibly taken my paintings.

First stop, aquarium date.

It was so cute, the tunnels of water with marine life in them, a huge stingray.

On one occasion, there was a group of younger kids, probably for a school trip of some sort. And as Niki was stood by a huge tank containing some sort of big fish, the kids started swarming up to his feet.

The teacher tried her best to take the kids away from him, but they insisted photos despite being like what, 10?

Niki glanced at me, something speaking merely from his glance, I have no idea what he was getting at, but whatever.

He ended up taking a bunch of photos with school kids, and all the teacher could do was laugh. He was like an idol in this aquarium.

Niki walked back beside me, linking my arm with his as we finished the remainder of the aquarium tour.

"See that, I was more of the star than you were." He pretended to flip his hair, and I just looked at him in sheer horror, unlinking his arm and walking off without him.

"You are getting put in the tank with that blobfish." I told him as he laughed, linking my arm with his again.

"You know there was another fish in there, that could be us." He nudged me with a consecutive series of winks.

"That's so us in an alternate dimension." I agreed with him.

Second stop, a cafe. Niki had said there was something I'd like in here, but I wasn't quite sure what - and he refused to tell me.

"It just looks like the ordinary cafe." I looked at the outside, it was cute, but I didn't understand what was so special.

"Just wait, just wait." He had an eager smile, dragging me inside. I looked around, and oh my god, this guy was not serious.

Two cats approached us, circling around us. I spun around to look at Niki, the widest smile on my face ever. I gave him a kiss on the lips as he rest his hands on my waist, guiding me forward to a table.

It was the cutest thing I have ever experienced, the food and drinks were cat themed, the cats were so friendly, to me anyways. One didn't seem to like Niki that much.

He picked the cat up, and it did not look impressed. It's face was so devastated, and Niki was just laughing at how unhappy it looked being held by Niki.

But when I was holding the cat, it was fine, meowing, tail upwards and just being the standard cat.

"Discrimination." He crossed his arms as he took a few pictures of me, he was so cute I swear to god.

And last but not least, our last stop was the classic - park walk.

It was so cute, the sun was setting very slowly, and the park wasn't very full. The fountains were bursting with water, and ducks were walking freely around.

Niki had bought some seeds from a nearby food van, and head towards the ducks with the seeds gingerly. He threw a few, and unexpectedly, a whole clan of them came up, chasing after Niki who was holding the bag of seeds.

"WHAT THE" He yelled, running for his life as the army of ducks swarmed after him.

I was just a laughing mess, watching him get harassed by ducks for a good five minutes until he just threw the seeds in any random direction.

We finished the park walk just in time as the sun had finally set, it was such a good day, and for the time being, I forgot about all the moody emotions I had felt over this painting drama.

That was, up until, I received a text.

But to my surprise, it wasn't from the same unknown number, but Min-kyu.

min-kyu: do you have time to talk? it's pretty urgent